Re: Number 43 Camaro claimed by Jay? Yes

if 125.00 ls1 motors exist at junkyards, I've got to get to one of these junkyards.

my bolt on 99 SS ran 11.89 at 116.7 w/ 4.10's and ET streets.  And it's a blast on the road course.  Put anything near that power into a crapcan= instant win. 

And yes, I do think they'll hold up if you overfill the crankcase by 1 quart.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

LS1 for $125?  nope.

but you can pick up an iron-block (i.e., truck) 5.3 LS engine for pretty cheap.  they use other engine codes, so they don't have the "LS" tax, but it's the same engine.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Y'all honestly think that's a 600hp motor?

Power is so not important anyways.  It helps with passing but it also guzzles gas and makes you stop more.  Handling is way more important and can also be done cheaply, with rebuilt shocks, alignment, the right balance, etc.

nonsense.  any team that wants to win on laps should pack as much power into their car as they possibly can.  and then add some more.

ohaythair wrote:

Y'all honestly think that's a 600hp motor?

no.  probably ~400.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

if 125.00 ls1 motors exist at junkyards, I've got to get to one of these junkyards.

Shit, $185 any motor you can find at my yard. They're not common by any stretch of the imagination but if you're patient enough, it could happen. I'd imagine that if there were more than 1 chain of self-service yards in the state that competition would make it even cheaper.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear