Topic: Helmets

I see Bell and Simpson have SA2010 hemets on the shelves.  Are the SA2000's still legal for Lemons for the rest of the season? 
I think they should stay legal for the next 5 years too.  Current spec plus the last 2 is very common in autoX and is plenty safe for this series.  I know safety isn't where you want to try and save money, but this is supposed to be budget racing.  Also I might be more inclinded to buy a HANS if I could get 15 years out of the set up.  Just my $.02
-AJ-

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Re: Helmets

There hasn't been anything about changing the rules yet so I would guess you'd probably be good for the rest of this year.  How long the sa2000 would be good is up to the insurance companies.  Although I'd kind of doubt they would let it go for the next 5 years.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I would buy at least a SA2005 if I were you. The insurance companies could decide to outlaw the older helmets for next year, then your out a bunch of cash.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)

I wouldn't buy a SA2005 unless it was at a really good discount. That said I bought my SA2005 earlier this year, but I didn't have any safety gear at the time.

I'm sure it all depends on the insurance companies.  I have a 2005, but I have a team mate with an older 2000.  Didn't want to show up in Chicago and have to share my helmet - cause that's gross!

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

There is no way they will change the rule for chicago.  If there is a change it will probably be the beginning of next year at the soonest.  As for the guy with the SA2000 Helmet, I would wait until they demand a new helmet and buy the highest standard available then.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page