Topic: Take the New England Index Of Effluency poll!

Which car do you think is the front-runner for the IOE at the New England race? The Corvair? The Citation X-11? The Peugeot 504? How many laps will those three rack up between them? I've set up a poll on Jalopnik, and you could win fabulous prizes for winning the Guess The Laps contest!

That '74 Monaco might have a shot at the IOE as well, but a rear-drive Mopar with some flavor of LA or B engine should hold together pretty well.

Re: Take the New England Index Of Effluency poll!

2000 laps combined

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

1800 combined with the 504 running at the end

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

4 (edited by RobL 2009-07-05 05:59 AM)

2300 laps combined.

edit: I'm sorry, but I just watched the video.  The Pug just looks and sounds too nice to be an IoE consideration much less a contender.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

The Pug just looks and sounds too nice to be an IoE consideration much less a contender.

Three little letters: PRV!

RobL wrote:

2300 laps combined.

edit: I'm sorry, but I just watched the video.  The Pug just looks and sounds too nice to be an IoE consideration much less a contender.

Although, keep in mind that we unloaded the car off the trailer, jumped it and started doing laps - and then checked to make sure all it's fluids were topped off...

trlstanc wrote:
RobL wrote:

2300 laps combined.

Although, keep in mind that we unloaded the car off the trailer, jumped it and started doing laps - and then checked to make sure all it's fluids were topped off...

And that's different than the X-11 how?  I still think we have mud for brake fluid because I know that I never helped change it.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Three little letters: PRV!

Yeah the V-6 isn't exactly powerful or reliable. It's not the potential hand grenade that the turbo is but it's a lot heavier and less powerful (145 hp vs 180 for the later turbo) and as DeLorean owners know prone to water pump issues. Hopefully it will be reliable for them and that they've come up with some different front springs to counteract the extra weight of the V-6. As a member of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys team I'll be closely watching to see how well they do!

So, we have one car with a fragile French/Swedish engine, one that holds the record for most warranty returns in American automotive history, and one that's 46 years old. One of the all-time great IOE battles!