Re: Weird sound as revs drop

Oh! you will learn more about your car than you ever really want too.
I would have to say that by every teams  5th race there is one guy that knows how to
build the car in his sleep.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

I would have to say that by every teams  5th race there is one guy that knows how to

Yeah, I'm pretty amazed at how much I've picked up already.  Just between Google and about $50 worth of manuals from Toyota I managed to wire an '87 engine and ECU into an '84 car and get it to actually run.

What really amazes me is that people used to be able to fix cars before Google existed smile

mikedeck wrote:
Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty amazed at how much I've picked up already.  Just between Google and about $50 worth of manuals from Toyota I managed to wire an '87 engine and ECU into an '84 car and get it to actually run.

What really amazes me is that people used to be able to fix cars before Google existed smile

That was back when people could change a tire.:D

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

mikedeck wrote:

Noooo kidding. Thank god for the internet. How else would I know that I can substitute a $40 fuel pump from a Chevy Vega instead for the original $150+ BMW unit?

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

30 (edited by T-Money645 2010-10-19 12:33 PM)

I had a similar noise, but on a different engine. The noise in my motor was due to the cam chain being loose and slapping against the cover. This was caused by the hydraulic tensioner being seized. I unsized the tensioner and all was well. Just a note, the noise progressivly got worse until you could hear it at idle as well.

PS- This was on a Nissan 2.4 4-cyl.

Rednektified Racing - Team Captain
#101 Moby Slick
2010: Yee-Haw "Most horrible yank tank" (DNF)