Re: BS Inspection Recidivists

I was told by a blind tibetan monk that cheatonium was bottled in an obscure part of the world known as Unobtanium. The search continues

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

I've got unobtanium muffler bearings in the lemon bird.  Much quieter!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

53 (edited by brianremmers 2010-10-20 06:47 PM)

you need to pay a guide with Miraculum if you hope for them to take you to Unobtanium...

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Was that what the flames were?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

steve wrote:

I was told by a blind tibetan monk that cheatonium was bottled in an obscure part of the world known as Unobtanium. The search continues

no...cheatonium is simply a highly-refined version of raw unobtanium.  unobtanium has many innocent uses, but cheatonium is often referred to as "weapons-grade" unobtanium.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Cheatonium's cheap. I hear the devil will give you some in exchange for a del Sol.

davisriley wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Was that what the flames were?

The unobtanium muffler bearings simply allowed the flames to slip by easier.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Best way to keep Lemons fun is to have MORE fun running rediculously shitty cars with awesomely absurd themes and ignore teams showing up with drap supras, civics, miatas, and E30s.

The WHOLE idea of this race (please correct me if I am wrong) is to have some fun with wheel to wheel "racing" on a racetrack, and try not to care if you win or lose.  This isn't a way to make money.  No one, anywhere, is gonna car if you dominated a Lemons race with a cheaty car driven against guys who don't race for a living.

Think about this.  Have you ever been embarrased by your jack-off cousin that is trying to dominate a family reunion softball game?  It works out best to ignore them, and just have some fun.

See everyone at Rod's race in Joliet, IL!!!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

59 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-10-21 12:53 PM)

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

The WHOLE idea of this race (please correct me if I am wrong) is to have some fun with wheel to wheel "racing" on a racetrack, and try not to care if you win or lose.

by that logic, one might also argue that if your whole goal is to have as much fun as possible and you don't care if you win or lose, to build the fasest damn thing you can, happily take your BS laps that knock you out of contention (b/c you don't care anyway), and have fun with your awesomely fast car (which is generally more fun than an awesomely slow car).  wink

the only people who should be upset about "cheaty" cars are those who care if they win or lose, and those people are the ones who don't "get" the point.  ZOMG Catch-22!!1!!!one!!  smile

12+-time loser

tl;dr - Buzz is a lawyer

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

tl;dr - Buzz is a lawyer

in my defense, i'm a crappy one.

12+-time loser

Buzz Killington wrote:

the only people who should be upset about "cheaty" cars are those who care if they win or lose, and those people are the ones who don't "get" the point.  ZOMG Catch-22!!1!!!one!!  smile

Whoa...does...not....compute...I think my brain just bricked itself.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

I don't think that it's entirely true that you're completely wrong if you're concerned about winning the race.  The word "race" implies that it's a competition, and there's nothing wrong with people trying to win a competition as long as they're good sports about it.  By the same token, it's perfectly fine if your team has no interest in winning, but just wants to participate like ours.

That being said, part of competing in Lemons is being able to convince the judges that your car is worth $500 even if it's not.  If bending the rules a little is so terrible, why does baksheesh exist?  The BS inspection is part of the fun and part of the challenge of a Lemons race and it seems to me that the Judges do a pretty damn good job of ratting out those who have been a little too liberal with their budgets and making sure they are penalized to the point that they can't win.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Best way to keep Lemons fun is to have MORE fun running rediculously shitty cars with awesomely absurd themes and ignore teams showing up with drap supras, civics, miatas, and E30s.

The WHOLE idea of this race (please correct me if I am wrong) is to have some fun with wheel to wheel "racing" on a racetrack, and try not to care if you win or lose.  This isn't a way to make money.  No one, anywhere, is gonna car if you dominated a Lemons race with a cheaty car driven against guys who don't race for a living.

Think about this.  Have you ever been embarrased by your jack-off cousin that is trying to dominate a family reunion softball game?  It works out best to ignore them, and just have some fun.

See everyone at Rod's race in Joliet, IL!!!

I think that is why they have awards for different things such as winner on laps, index of effluency, peoples choice, etc.Its something for most everybody big_smile

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Yeah, we should make it like "modern" little league.

You're all winners.  Evrybody gets a trophy.  And you're all special in your unique way.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

I like multi-class racing...LeMans used to have an Index of Efficiency....750cc Panhard-powered lightweights doing 110MPH trying to stay out of the way of  Jag D-types. The race within a race keeps it interesting...IMO if it's just winner take all the series will look like Pratt and Miller engineered it. Or maybe an SCCA club weekend...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....