Topic: The Easter race at Eagle's Canyon

"Jesus Christ, Supercar" theme for the win.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

Re: The Easter race at Eagle's Canyon

only if the car can resurrect itself on sunday after it blows up

IgnoranteWest wrote:

"Jesus Christ, Supercar" theme for the win.

I love it!  But then I'm a heathen.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

eljefe17 wrote:

Technically, wouldn't it have to be cursed on Friday, and show up on the track sunday early (before the corner workers are even there) then race for the win.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Crap.  I gotta be home to help the kids check for gifts from the great bunny.  At least it's local.  I guess I'm not driving the first shift Sunday.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

Thank god, that means I oly have to go to church once next year. BS inspection and practice laps, now that's what I call good friday.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Is Ash Wednesday when the car catches on fire testing the *&#@ kill switch?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

Technically, wouldn't it have to be cursed on Friday, and show up on the track sunday early (before the corner workers are even there) then race for the win.

if the car could turn water into beer the team might be the most popular in the paddock

eljefe17 wrote:

if the car could turn water into beer the team might be the most popular in the paddock

Just got an idea for the greatest Baksheesh presentation ever...

eljefe17 wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

I have a keg it can fill...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I have a feeling there's going to be a confession booth at the penalty box.

Can anybody procure priest's robes for the judges?

Amateur Welder, Professional Grinder

No seriously, what could go wrong?

Zach wrote:

I have a feeling there's going to be a confession booth at the penalty box.

Can anybody procure priest's robes for the judges?

Sounds like a great idea!. . . until someone does an altar boy theme.

86 Honda Prelube - Team Inspite: Rabid Hybrid Racing

if it's going to be Jesus Christ, Supercar it's got to be a Plywoodghini. Or even a Plywoodrarri. Or maybe a Plyton Martin.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

I really hope that we run a longer day on Saturday and start Sunday around noonish. There's no way that I can go racing on Easter Sunday without going to Mass in the morning. Any other prioritization could have the effect of the missus pulling the plug on more than just one race, not to mention the effect on eternal salvation and other niceties.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I can't think of a better way to spend a Pagan holiday than with a bunch of heathens... <ducks>

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Mulry wrote:

I really hope that we run a longer day on Saturday and start Sunday around noonish. There's no way that I can go racing on Easter Sunday without going to Mass in the morning. Any other prioritization could have the effect of the missus pulling the plug on more than just one race, not to mention the effect on eternal salvation and other niceties.

Get a Catholic Minister to come to the track and preform a quickie mass... That works right?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

Get a Catholic Minister to come to the track and preform a quickie mass... That works right?

How about a mass quickie?   Lots more fun!   :-)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Nun fun?!

Sons of STIG

Riktor wrote:

In theory, sure that could work. But on Easter (when every priest is already saying a ton of masses), there's just such a poor chance of finding someone with availability that it's a practical impossibility.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.