Topic: Poor-sche racing...

I have a project atarted that I unfortunately must abandon.  2 924 shells - one with cage and SCCA logbook.  Two engines (one needs to be assmbled).  One tranny, two sets of control arms.  Other parts.  I'm moving and the whole pile is available!

Picked up the first of the two yesterday, and wow, I have to say I was surprised how good of shape it was in (both for 500).  Of course it is in a million pieces.  I'll be documenting the build with pics and maybe even video each time i work on it and then time lapse it.  Not sure what the theme would be.  Already thinking Martini Rossi Porsche which would leave the brides up to bein Gin and Vermouth. But stay tuned if you wanna see how this goes.

Re: Poor-sche racing...

The double fartinis already do the martini rossi theme here on the west coast. Why not put a full sized porch swing on the roof , a picket fence around the edges and call it good.

I agree with Spank.  Do not do a famous Porsche themed car.  That is lame.  I like the Porch idea.  just turn the theme dial to 11.  check out how much fun gramma's havin'...... http://www.robertsretreatlodge.com/Rela … 0swing.jpg

I've heard "yeah, just 'nother @#** Gulf/Martini porsche" about a porsche or two out west when chatting 'bout themes and paint - You might wanna do a "workin' Nine 2 Four theme or soemthing like...

crazymike wrote:

I've heard "yeah, just 'nother @#** Gulf/Martini porsche" about a porsche or two out west when chatting 'bout themes and paint - You might wanna do a "workin' Nine 2 Four theme or soemthing like...

Got an attractive lady friend that can double for Dolly Parton?  wink

vwminispeedster wrote:
crazymike wrote:

Got an attractive lady friend that can double for Dolly Parton?  wink

Where did that final hour go? Time to double up on themeage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_br0ZnqnhVY

Spank, yer sick...
I'm envisioning a car deco'd as a 924 porch, including swing and, w/ Dolly singin' workin' 9-2-5 alternated with Afternoon delight.

crazymike wrote:

Spank, yer sick...
I'm envisioning a car deco'd as a 924 porch, including swing and, w/ Dolly singin' workin' 9-2-5 alternated with Afternoon delight.

Eh, just put Dolly on her back on the swing and it's all set.

Our ex race livery Poorsche.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs005.snc4/33610_1712466291051_1219950354_1937677_5684718_n.jpg

Gator-O-Rama 2009 - Infiniti Q45a - "No Prayer In Finishing Winner" 22/95
Nelson Ledges 2009 - Infiniti Q45a - Shanty Town - 111/122
MAM 2010 - Poorsche 914 - Lowbrau Racing -26/28
Rod B 500 - Poorsche 914 - Lowbrau Racing - 45/87

Hm...porch-sche racing...interesting interesting.  I'm thinkin cooler full of beer, some chaise lounges...Except I don't think the propane tank on the grill will be considered exactly "safe".

Oh...and the hunt is on for a Dolly like friend...

Inflatable Dolly... available at fine adult entertainment stores on those internets if'n yer in a blue-law county

Sorry and don't wanna flame - but I'm somehow missing the theme on Lowbrau... do you all wear 'fros or greased-back hair and baggy pants? Otherwise it looks pretty much like an ex-racer minus the box-flares. (I'm seeing no hoopty-factor)

No hoopty factor.  Just an ex race livery that is not a Gulf or Martini as earlier discussed.  Just learned how to post pictures too, so I wanted to practice.

Gator-O-Rama 2009 - Infiniti Q45a - "No Prayer In Finishing Winner" 22/95
Nelson Ledges 2009 - Infiniti Q45a - Shanty Town - 111/122
MAM 2010 - Poorsche 914 - Lowbrau Racing -26/28
Rod B 500 - Poorsche 914 - Lowbrau Racing - 45/87

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416bojZbitL._SS500_.jpg

LowBrau - aw man - you need to go real low - as in low-rider brau 'cause 914's can go pretty low and still have handling (though not on the bumpstops like cheeseball dudes do) - hence the baggies and bandana's...
Or Low brow bro' with one of those crown mirror smellerators and really shine up those shiny wheels. Halloween and fro's for faux bro's are cheep.
Team costumes add the icing to the cake. and make the race-car play-up more fun!
~and yeah I'm appreciating the non-martini, really, thanks... I'm waiting for the Jeagermeister Kremer replica m'self - I might do it to the beetle.

Spank - I saw a DS-19 with a bunch of bodywork to almost mimic Dolly's bodywork in chrome. Art car. If it stays around you needa do that.