Topic: Reno 2011 race. A true 24?

Any whispers from the backroom?

We'll do that!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Re: Reno 2011 race. A true 24?

Let's do it!!

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

Great facility, interesting circuit and good safety. 24 would be fun..

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

They just need several of those  highway, night time construction light trailers placed strategically around the track.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

I'll sixth (or whatever number we're up to...) it!
I will find a Cimarron for this one.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

Oh yes.  We'd be in for a 24-hour!

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

24 Hours of Lemons!!  24!!

The Reno race that was scheduled this year and canceled was supposed to be a full 24 hours.  Hopefully that means the same thing this year.

I clearly remember this because I got out of going to a wedding due to the race being 24 hours and I made the compelling argument to my girlfriend that this would likely be the only 24 hour race within driving distance for us. Then they dropped the race and we ended up going to T-Hill instead.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

trekkor wrote:

They just need several of those  highway, night time construction light trailers placed strategically around the track.

KT

Lights!?  We don't need no stinkin' lights.

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

+ 1

No track lights at night would be awesome... with a full moon it would be even better!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

LTDScott wrote:

The Reno race that was scheduled this year and canceled was supposed to be a full 24 hours.  Hopefully that means the same thing this year.

I clearly remember this because I got out of going to a wedding due to the race being 24 hours and I made the compelling argument to my girlfriend that this would likely be the only 24 hour race within driving distance for us. Then they dropped the race and we ended up going to T-Hill instead.

And you will pay for that for a long, LONG time.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

+ 1

No track lights at night would be awesome... with a full moon it would be even better!

Even with lights on the car, driving an unlit track is pure madness; especially if it is your first stint of the event.  But, oh, how nice it is to have the sun peek over the mountains and actually show you where the hell you're going.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Already long forgotten and she's coming with us to Buttonwillow and to SEMA next week to support the team. She's a saint.

wrappedinbacon wrote:

+ 1

Even with lights on the car, driving an unlit track is pure madness; especially if it is your first stint of the event.

Reminds me of the Friday night Lamest Day practice last year.  It was raining, foggy, and dark as hell with 122 cars all trying to learn the Nelson Ledges track and aim their lights.  We did have a full moon, but I don't think it stopped raining long enough to ever see it.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

LTDScott wrote:
"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Already long forgotten and she's coming with us to Buttonwillow and to SEMA next week to support the team. She's a saint.

Where will you be at SEMA? I'm there Wed...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

Where will you be at SEMA? I'm there Wed...

I'll be there all week. Our car will be somewhere outside or possibly in the hallways of the convention center. I won't know exactly where the car will be placed until they tell me on Sunday, but I somehow think it'll be hard to miss.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/05/prickstine-1280px.jpg

I have three big boxes of Lemons swag from Jay to give out at the show. We're not allowed to camp out by the car so I'll likely lay the stuff out for people to take.

wrappedinbacon wrote:

+ 1

Even with lights on the car, driving an unlit track is pure madness; especially if it is your first stint of the event.  But, oh, how nice it is to have the sun peek over the mountains and actually show you what the hell you've been driving over.

Fixed that for you.

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/