Topic: Figured out the Dauphine overheating the rear issue

Turns out that an un-tightened wideband EGO sensor plug in the collector decided it wasn't going to stay in place allowing all the exhaust from the rear bank to shoot straight up at the stiffener plate / computer deck complete with 4" white hot flames at full crank.  No wonder it melted stuff, 1,700 degree blowtorch will do some damage, particularly after 4 hours of it...

Went over the car with a fine toothed comb and discovered no damage or problems from MSR other than the exhaust issue so we are ready for tomorrow's track day at ECR.

Then it's the Chump race in San Marcos before we park for winter...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Re: Figured out the Dauphine overheating the rear issue

what about the ATF leak?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

That was a loose hose clamp that only leaked when the trans variable pressure solenoid raised the pressure above 100 PSI.

We fixed that at MSR but never noticed the missing HEGO plug.

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

What about the nut behind the wheel?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

that one is cross threaded and only finger tight, but covered in gorilla glue for thread lock

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John