Topic: Using e30 drivetrain with an odd body question

So If I use a e30 drivetrain, but put on a custom body is it still considered an e30 for submission purposes?

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Using e30 drivetrain with an odd body question

So the drivetrain comes from an E30, and the body from... Somewhere else. What's the chassis? If it's an E30 chassis, sorry, it's an E30 in silly clothes.

At least in my mind.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I'd give credit for an E30 chassied Zamboni. I'm not sure Phil would.
E3 under the Popemobile? that would rock.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1 … 00,00.html

Yeah, your theme would have to handicap the E30ness of it.

the cheatiness of the E30 is it's chassis. there are too many suspension goodies out there. if you are just using the motor & tranny, you should be fine.

If you are sawzalling all the body panels off your E30 and super gluing a Maverick on top, bring some good Baksheesh.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

At the last race, Jay said he would have overlooked a Rolls Royce Merlin engine in our car and given us 0 laps.

http://dcmimages.smugmug.com/Other/2010-05-03/2010-05-03-52-of-134/857545306_ChhJv-M.jpg

Sadly, despite this ringing endorsement, we ran (and are still running) the stock eta motor.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

If you are creative (like the Prickstine or the Bavarian Ranchero), you can bring an E30 and not have any problems.  (I still can't figure out how to post pictures, or I would add one of the Bavarian Ranchero).

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

LTDScott wrote:

At the last race, Jay said he would have overlooked a Rolls Royce Merlin engine in our car and given us 0 laps.

So wait- Merlin swaps are verboten? I'd have thought a Merlin-powered Suzuki Samurai would be an instant pass.

Team FinalGear

Only if the Merlin drives a prop. Now if you can figure out how to get the prop to pass tech you're good to go.

I swear I've seen a thread somewhere where someone connected up a prop to their Frankenstein's monster engine swap via a chain drive. The only place where such a thread would make sense is right here

Team FinalGear