Re: The overall points standings race is getting mighty interesting

Judge Phil wrote:
sergio wrote:

They gave us 1 penalty lap at Chicago for not getting a residual. Why do we need a residual when we did get one they gave us a $499.98 value.

Teams that got residual values before the race make the BS Inspection go more quickly and easily. It takes one email to get a residual value, so it pisses us off when former race winners don't bother to take the 60 seconds to write that email.

Um, serge? You did get a residual this time, right?

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

We are working on it right now.

sergio wrote:

We are working on it right now.

Just take photos of what's broke, pore dust/black spray paint over what's cheaty, and prepare some fancy prose for every injury.  It isn't hard, but it IS important.

Without the residual dance, our Neon wouldn't have a new oil cooler or head gasket in progress.  Legally.  LEGALLY!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Judge Phil wrote:
sergio wrote:

They gave us 1 penalty lap at Chicago for not getting a residual. Why do we need a residual when we did get one they gave us a $499.98 value.

Teams that got residual values before the race make the BS Inspection go more quickly and easily. It takes one email to get a residual value, so it pisses us off when former race winners don't bother to take the 60 seconds to write that email.

I don't bother half the time because the car's had a $200 residual for like, 3 races now. I figure you guys like saying "hi" and getting a little smile from a car with a decent theme and a practically-impossible-to-cheat-with buick...

My vote points wise would be to keep points in-region, then have a championship race somewhere where the regional leaders get in for cheapish and a guaranteed spot, and duke it out, everyone else pays full price.  This way its all decided by a head to head, and certain areas of the country with less races (ehem, northeast) don't get screwed (although, more NE races next year, and who cares, you aren't going to win anyway :-) )

Serj wrote:

hahaha, I think the Track Pillagerz! could get a nice fat first loser award!

CMP Feb = IOE (23rd place after a caliper failure)
Gingerman April = no awards (12th place best finish EVER for the team)
Summit Point = no awards (17th VERY hard-fought through the heat)
Gingerman October = no awards (15th with suspension complications, brake failures, and a broken subframe)
Autobahn = Lemons history made with a 90s Buick LeSabre LEADING the race; dragon head and all; Iron Nadz award (15th place)

6 races so far on the Buick. looks like we need more than just our skill and reliability now. time for dual engines?

Time for serious cheating, let's see Michael Schumacher might be available according to rumor.. If not I'm sure at least a few Formula 1 drivers should be on the market..
see there is no limit on the money you pay a driver, so maybe a great driver or two on your team will make up for a modest car to begin with?   (I hear the stig is available) 
Second look at some of those NASCAR crew chiefs who are under suspension,  They well know how to cheat and since the rules in Lemons are, well somewhat loose they might have fun helping you out..
  Finally don't forget the advantages of money!
   With enough money you can make trick suspension pieces and paint them with enough patina so nobody will detect the cheating..
Same with the engine.. a stock valve cover can hide all sorts of speed secrets..  with regard power simply remember, some is good, more is better and too much is just beginning to be fun! wink=)

You have a team of real race people they look much much closer to your car, and they make you remove your stock valve cover and other things looking for a cheaty parts and question how your rusted out looking shocks are so firm.  Jay got a real nice engine by checking closely to a camouflaged race engine.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

OMGuar wrote:
Serj wrote:

hahaha, I think the Track Pillagerz! could get a nice fat first loser award!

CMP Feb = IOE (23rd place after a caliper failure)
Gingerman April = no awards (12th place best finish EVER for the team)
Summit Point = no awards (17th VERY hard-fought through the heat)
Gingerman October = no awards (15th with suspension complications, brake failures, and a broken subframe)
Autobahn = Lemons history made with a 90s Buick LeSabre LEADING the race; dragon head and all; Iron Nadz award (15th place)

6 races so far on the Buick. looks like we need more than just our skill and reliability now. time for dual engines?

Time for serious cheating, let's see Michael Schumacher might be available according to rumor.. If not I'm sure at least a few Formula 1 drivers should be on the market..
see there is no limit on the money you pay a driver, so maybe a great driver or two on your team will make up for a modest car to begin with?   (I hear the stig is available) 
Second look at some of those NASCAR crew chiefs who are under suspension,  They well know how to cheat and since the rules in Lemons are, well somewhat loose they might have fun helping you out..
  Finally don't forget the advantages of money!
   With enough money you can make trick suspension pieces and paint them with enough patina so nobody will detect the cheating..
Same with the engine.. a stock valve cover can hide all sorts of speed secrets..  with regard power simply remember, some is good, more is better and too much is just beginning to be fun! wink=)

money money money money....you think I'm made of the stuff? tongue

By all accounts people are frankly surprised the buick can do as well as it does. It's bone stock so i think our drivers are top-notch for amateurs. We have a $200 residual from before autobahn, so there's some room for legitimate performance mods. I think though we're going to stick with the cheap route and get rid of the cats and see if my buddy's any good with a dremel.

If I had the obscene amounts of money to dump into what you're proposing I think I'd be racing more than just Lemons, too. I have to fight the misses just to squeeze another event in as it stands, and I'm pretty sure P&M would rather donate time/parts into their own Lemons teams. Dual Engines would be so much more epic in this series, anyway smile

its all about staying out there....having a reliable car that keeps churning out laps is a proven theory for placing high in Lemons!!!  Of course a faster reliable car is always better...but hard to pull off too

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2