Topic: Pit Space @ Grand Bayou

How much room will each team have along the wall at Grand Bayou?

Richard

Re: Pit Space @ Grand Bayou

Secondary question:  When can we start setting up?  Thursday?

(Sorry Richard, you read my mind on that question, so I thought I'd add my other unanswered question)

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Track does not open up untill Friday Morning.
Space depends on what you bring to play with.
You show up like shrimpboots with a generator for the city and enought lights to keep the stripper pole lit all night.
You can take as much space as you need.
My only recomendations are for highly visible tow hooks.
I just picked this up for the tow truck and can not wait to use it.
http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/images/TourPictures/14_GrapplingHook_lge.jpg

Mad Max. I like it.

5 (edited by Richardnew 2010-11-02 04:26 AM)

They must have one really long pit lane.

Richard

They don't actually have a pit lane. You pretty much do all your pit work in your paddock area. There is a fueling area which is the only place you can fuel the car. There should be room to fuel 6 to 8 cars at once there.

Ya'll think Carver is kidding ...... that thing is heavy enough to drop through the windshield.

CCARVER wrote:

You show up like shrimpboots with a generator for the city and enought lights to keep the stripper pole lit all night.
http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/image … ok_lge.jpg

Are you storming a castle??  Do you fire that at the rescue trucks as they drive past?? 
We have gigantic steel chrome bumpers.  I would assume they would know to hook that instead of the plastic grill.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Somebody please live stream this event.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

10 (edited by Doug I 2010-11-02 08:55 AM)

CCarver is the teaux camion driver.

I just hope our car does more laps than he does. smile

11 (edited by robertm 2010-11-02 09:00 AM)

shrimpandboots wrote:

They don't actually have a pit lane. You pretty much do all your pit work in your paddock area. There is a fueling area which is the only place you can fuel the car. There should be room to fuel 6 to 8 cars at once there.

More like 2-3 max can fuel at one time.  Last race the pink zebra car decided to be even more special than usual and parked sideways on the little patch of concrete preventing anyone else from fueling. We lost a minute waiting for them.  This is by far the greatest annoyance to the track.  I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.  There were two yutes permanently camped out on the little island of concrete that made it there sole purpose in life to find anything wrong with fueling procedures. Wait until you hear the one guys 100+ decible whistle!  He was definitely starved for attention as a child..

Also, consider where you setup.  If you setup far away from track exit or reentry it will take you that much longer to get back on track everytime you change drivers, tires, oil etc.

Team Operation

not quite .......

there's a cone/barrel at the 'bottom' end of the pits.  Everyone has to drive around it to get back on track.  It means everyone drives the same distance regardless of where your paddock spot is.

Doug I wrote:

not quite .......

there's a cone/barrel at the 'bottom' end of the pits.  Everyone has to drive around it to get back on track.  It means everyone drives the same distance regardless of where your paddock spot is.

Agreed.  There were some teams parked past those barrels though.  Never really understood why.  Maybe they weren't concerned with losing a minute here or there.  If you're not realistically a top 10 team then an extra minute a pitstop probably isn't even on your radar.

Team Operation

Is the paddock area paved or grass?

Richard

Paved.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

I will be there on Friday and will be walking around the paddock  teching cars, so have your tech sheets ready and get your tech done early..

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:

I will be there on Friday and will be walking around the paddock  teching cars, so have your tech sheets ready and get your tech done early..

-John

will you be wearing a yellow staff shirt? i want to meet you in person.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Evil Genius wrote:

-John

Thanks.  I always breathe easier once we've passed tech.  Every race, it seems like we find another little glitch that escaped attention the last however-many races.  Finding those glitches during DAYLIGHT is always preferable.  wink

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Evil Genius wrote:

-John

Thank you. We're bringing a new car - hopefully we'll have everything done, but the idea of having something to fix and not having overnight to fix it was making me a little nervous.

Like-wise.......I'm sure our car is pretty much perfect in every way.....but you never know!!!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

robertm wrote:
shrimpandboots wrote:

More like 2-3 max can fuel at one time.

Yea, I don't think there have been more than 50 cars at a NPR Lemons race yet, last one was like 37 cars... so it should be very interesting with ~70 cars at the track, especially when 10 come in to pit at the same time, and there is a 6 car queue for refueling.  Or we could jam all the cars so close on the pad that one guy could fill two cars at once, the downside being if a fire broke out, it would affect at least two cars easy.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

RRRR wrote:

Yea, I don't think there have been more than 50 cars at a NPR Lemons race yet, last one was like 37 cars... so it should be very interesting with ~70 cars at the track, especially when 10 come in to pit at the same time, and there is a 6 car queue for refueling.  Or we could jam all the cars so close on the pad that one guy could fill two cars at once, the downside being if a fire broke out, it would affect at least two cars easy.

As I recall, the first race had 50 entries but only 46 made it there, passed tech and got to do laps.
Only 33 got out there last time, I think. It may be cozy in the pits but I think you're right-- the real bottleneck will be at the fueling pad.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:

-John

will you be wearing a yellow staff shirt? i want to meet you in person.

It'll actually be my avatar wearing the yellow shirt, I'll be controlling it from a bar here in California...

CCARVER wrote:

http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/image … ok_lge.jpg

Can we get one of those for up in the tower? For those who've ignored a black flag for a couple of laps... we'll tie it off on a chunk of K-rail and let the starter have fun...

Intervention will arrive on Thursday night ready to go. We would love to get through Tech on Friday. Remember, these are old guys. They wake up early and need to go to bed early.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports