Topic: New to Lemons.. PBIR spare parts for everyone question

PBIR is rather close by my shop(less then 30 min). I have a large stock of new obsolete/older car brake pads, assorted rotors, some random serpentine belts, rad hoses etc.

Can I bring a truckload and sell off some of this stuff to pay for our race fuel ?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Re: New to Lemons.. PBIR spare parts for everyone question

Best to email Nick or Jay directly to ensure they see this.  Its a great offer of assistance to the other teams but it may also conflict directly with track rules about vendors and such.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Team Infinniti wrote:

PBIR is rather close by my shop(less then 30 min). I have a large stock of new obsolete/older car brake pads, assorted rotors, some random serpentine belts, rad hoses etc.

Can I bring a truckload and sell off some of this stuff to pay for our race fuel ?

I don't want to break any rules either but I suppose that it's proper to contact racers who will be at the track to offer the parts and simply deliver them to the track?  Clearly if you don't have parts for certain cars you don't send them E- mails If you do you list the parts you have and the prices you'd like for them..  That would also save youthe hassle of haulling stuff that won't have a market.. No sense in carring parts for cars not racing..

OMGuar wrote:
Team Infinniti wrote:

I don't want to break any rules either but I suppose that it's proper to contact racers who will be at the track to offer the parts and simply deliver them to the track?  Clearly if you don't have parts for certain cars you don't send them E- mails If you do you list the parts you have and the prices you'd like for them..  That would also save youthe hassle of haulling stuff that won't have a market.. No sense in carring parts for cars not racing..

You dont know this group well do you? wink  ANY part can be made to work in a pinch.  350 Chevy waterpump on a Jag V12 comes to mind, as do many other things.  So I can see the value in bringing a truckload of parts, things can be made to fit.  But as said previously you need to ensure you dont run afoul of any track "vendor" rules.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

I'm pretty sure that most tracks won't mind if you're running a "yard sale" type parts operation out of your paddock space, but it might be a good idea to run the idea by Jay and/or Nick first. We like to see teams able to get the parts they need to keep their heaps on the track without having to run to some distant junkyard 15 minutes before it closes, so I think it's a great idea.

On that note there IS a junkyard 15 min from the track,Atlantic, I am contacting the owner about the possibility of access on a holiday.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

OMGuar wrote:
Team Infinniti wrote:

OM,
You miss my intent, I am willing to use my LOCAL awesome dust covered lemony stash of NOS brake and random misc parts to help out of town racers and get some gas $$ for our broke a$$ team, not run a delivery business witch will totally mess up our race.

Parts I have new but with no catalog, most came from police motor pool auctions, so think crown vic, diplomat,lumina

50 universal joints
30 random goodyear rad/heater hoses
10 serpentine belts
40 sets of random brake pad sets, I have a book for these
at least 40 rotors
Some cooling fans used
a high pressure fuel pump or 2 new/used
used RWD driveshafts
ETC

This will be a difficult undertaking to prepare thus my asking in advance.

I don't think that there's a great history of U-joints failing in the race, so I wouldn't bring too many of those. The hoses, belts, fans, and even the brake pads -- those pack tightly and so you should bring them. Also if you have extra radiators, those often get plucked up. I wouldn't worry about rotors, most teams have enough of those (until they don't) but it's usually pads that are more problematic than rotors.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Every random radiator brought to a Lemons race will be used. There's always roof mounting if it doesn't fit in front!

Well I do have a decent stash of oversize used rads, this will guarantee room mounting wink

Scratch the u joints and rotors, this will make things a bunch easier if i do bring my stuff.