Re: So, Who's coming to PBIR, and what are you Bringing?

Eyesore Racing will be shipping our Miata out from Los Angeles for what is sure to be a good race and a great party.  Looking forward to meeting all of you and racing against cars from so many different regions!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

wrappedinbacon wrote:

Eyesore Racing will be shipping our Miata out from Los Angeles for what is sure to be a good race and a great party.  Looking forward to meeting all of you and racing against cars from so many different regions!

Wow, that's some dedication!

J.B. Bugs Racing
1973 VW Super Beetle....Yeah,yeah I know - It's Not a racecar.
2010 Horas de Cuba del Norte -First in class C, The Ugly, 23rd overall!

Does anyone know how the pit stop fueling will be handled? will it be done on pit road, or the Paddock?

J.B. Bugs Racing

jbbugs wrote:

Does anyone know how the pit stop fueling will be handled? will it be done on pit road, or the Paddock?

There are several details like this we would all like to know, but the info hasn't been published.  sad

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
jbbugs wrote:

There are several details like this we would all like to know, but the info hasn't been published.  sad

That kind of info is almost never officially published and is announced at the first driver meeting (usually Saturday am).  So find someone who has raced at PBIR before to get a feel for what the likely set up will be.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

31 (edited by gsmith2424 2010-11-19 10:01 PM)

From being at PBIR/Moroso before more than likely the paddock will be for pitting as it is a good way from the pit area. The paddock is lined up against the back straightaway/drag strip while the pits is on the front making it a good haul to get gear to the pits. I have also included a google map of the track for everyone has an idea as to what it there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou … h&z=18

32 (edited by SoFlacrapcan 2010-11-20 04:35 AM)

Ive never seen the drag strip pit used for anything to do with the road course. Back before both tracks were completely redone the dragstrip was part of the course, now it is not. They run drag events and road course events at the same time. Although the drag strip and kart track will be closed while were there. The paddock is all the area behind pit wall on  the west side straight. Usually the skid pad (the black asphalt area) fills up first then overflows trailers/cars onto all the grass.

SoFlacrapcan wrote:

Ive never seen the drag strip pit used for anything to do with the road course. Back before both tracks were completely redone the dragstrip was part of the course, now it is not. They run drag events and road course events at the same time. Although the drag strip and kart track will be closed while were there. The paddock is all the area behind pit wall on  the west side straight. Usually the skid pad (the black asphalt area) fills up first then overflows trailers/cars onto all the grass.

Yes you are some what correct about the drag strip with the configuration but when we have ran there with karting (24 hr races 2007-2009) before they have used the drag strip pit area for the road course when SCCA ran there in 2009. I also believe the other problem for the paddock area right behind the pit lane is also going to be space as it will be a very tight fit to try and get all 95 teams into that area.

HeyMyCarIsOnFire wrote:

The Miami Overheat will be there, our first race. We'll be the road block in the form of a 1987 Jetta 5-speed. Looking forward to it!

Alright! another VW!

J.B. Bugs Racing

i guess i'll need to be there early then aye?

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

36 (edited by jbbugs 2010-11-26 05:04 AM)

SoFlacrapcan wrote:

I would think the dragstrip is open for Drags on Friday/Saturday nights like they always are. I doubt any of it would be used for the road coarse stuff.

J.B. Bugs Racing

Drags have ran before on Thursday. The problem here is that the area where SoFlacrapcan is talking about is questionable on size based on how many teams are showing up for the race. Another correction is that I checked the PBIR website and the kart track is open while we are there.

Usually the dragstrip is closed for 2 weeks for the holiday, and don't have the usual test and tune or midnight madness nights.

I'm bringing NYC. Driving the son of a bitch from Brooklyn there (it's based on a 91 civic wagon).

40 (edited by soldmystang 2010-11-30 06:46 PM)

nut_job_jeff wrote:

I'm bringing NYC. Driving the son of a bitch from Brooklyn there (it's based on a 91 civic wagon).

forgive my ignorance; but from all of the pop-culture TV shows that i have watched over the last 20 years, i didn't think people drove cars in NYC.

Seinfeld, Friends, How I met Your Mother, Stay'n Alive.....................    no cars................

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

dont forget Cash Cab. no cars in that one either

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

True, most people don't drive cars in NYC (except poor people and very rich people - they all seem to have beaters or chauffeured luxury cars aimed to kill and maim all pedestrians and cyclists).. but the city of New York is always on the move!

I'll post a picture soon as I raise the Empire State Building on my roof.

43 (edited by VKZ24 2010-12-01 11:27 AM)

nut_job_jeff wrote:

True, most people don't drive cars in NYC seem to have beaters or chauffeured luxury cars aimed to kill and maim all pedestrians and cyclists

Anyone who thinks the pedestrians (and cyclists) have the right-of-way is either an idiot or he/she has never been hit by a car.  The vehicle with the most mass has the right-of-way.  And yes, I've have in fact been hit by a car (on a bike when I was six years old) so I know what I'm talking about!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

soldmystang wrote:
nut_job_jeff wrote:

forgive my ignorance; but from all of the pop-culture TV shows that i have watched over the last 20 years, i didn't think people drove cars in NYC.

Seinfeld, Friends, How I met Your Mother, Stay'n Alive.....................    no cars................

seinfeld had a saab

black saab rules!

nut_job_jeff wrote:

i guess you guys can't sell the car at this race if you want to get back home.  it's a long walk back from florida

eljefe17 wrote:
soldmystang wrote:
nut_job_jeff wrote:

seinfeld had a saab

black saab rules!

and Kramer had an Impala, George a K-Car.  Seinfeld also had a 5 series if memory serves me correctly.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1GrPqU9ijWXYxM:http://fliiby.com/images/_thumbs/me_bvbg47bbxg1.jpg&t=1

"Everybody's talkin' at me, but I can't hear a word they're sayin,
Just drivin' around in Jon Voight's car"

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Bringing my wife.  First time driving for me, first time spectating for her.  Looking forward to it.

See you there!

It'll be my first race as a pure spectator, since Speedycop has decided not to run this one. I'll have my camper and my tools, should anyone want to stop by.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I went out to PBIR yesterday to watch some driver school testing on the road track, and check out the entire pit/paddock area. It's bigger than I thought.
    There had to be around 100 racecars present, and there seemed to be quite a bit of room for everyone. I'm sure the Lemons race will have more people milling around in the area, but it seems like there should be enough room.
    As for the track, there's Lots of room for racing, and Plenty of run-off areas if you screw up. You would Really have to try hard to put it into the wall out there.
    That .6 mile straight is going to have everyone looking for a 6th gear, taller tires, and/or more power.......Damn, I'd be happy to even have a 5th gear in our car!

J.B. Bugs Racing