51 (edited by Team Infinniti 2010-12-05 06:27 AM)

Re: So, Who's coming to PBIR, and what are you Bringing?

Thanks for the recon. Did you see the black BMW chump car out there?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Infinniti wrote:

Thanks for the recon. Did you see the black BMW chump car out there?

I didn't notice that car. We only stayed until around noon. We talked to a guy running a 5-speed Mustang, and He was looking for a 6th gear on that straight. I guess all the faster cars can just wait till they get on the straight to do any passing right? smile

J.B. Bugs Racing
1973 VW Super Beetle....Yeah,yeah I know - It's Not a racecar.
2010 Horas de Cuba del Norte -First in class C, The Ugly, 23rd overall!

Sweet, our car is geared too tall!!!

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Keystone Kops #240 will be present. Old girl is going to close out the year strong !!! Looking forward to the race. Midnight start should be very interesting

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

Any suggestions for getting yourself some rest during the event?  I am not a good napper and wonder if I'll even be able to sleep.  Most 24 hour races aren't midnight to midnight, right?

There've only been, like, 4 or 5... so there's no "most" to cull from.
That said, the last 24 hour race started at 3pm, and the one before that started at noon.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Car54 wrote:

Any suggestions for getting yourself some rest during the event?  I am not a good napper and wonder if I'll even be able to sleep.  Most 24 hour races aren't midnight to midnight, right?

if you figure it out let me know, i've been trying to figure it out myself. i've done 2 24s now and ended up staying awake the whole time, then trying to drive home afterward.  adrenaline was pumping during the race, but once i got on the highway the crash came fast even after downing a few red bulls

with midnight start you're gonna have to get some sleep - 40 hours straight isn't gonna work too well

Right...I would have little problem going noon to noon.  During the One Lap of America, my buddies would pop Tylenol PM at the end of their street driving stints to get a quick crash.  I don't want to do that then get on track groggy.  Maybe I'll try some meditating CD's and go back to the hotel.

At least we plan to stay local that night and drive back to Tampa in the AM (or PM).

Although I haven't used it for racing, I've had good results with that "5-Hour Energy drink" stuff. I also found that Lowes sells it for about half of what you would pay at the convienient stores.

J.B. Bugs Racing

For a while I wasn't going to be able to make the race. Being a single dad, budget is always tight at Christmas, but to add time constraints, I would have to be home by 5PM on the 2nd to have my kids ready for school the next day. I couldn't drive that fast after a 24 hour race. I couldn't afford to fly as Santa took all my scratch.

A friend was very generous and has offered to buy me a plane ticket home after the race. I can not disappoint him, now.
We all know my Lemons driving record. There was Yee-Haw where I did 1 lap and a Heroic Fix, and NOLA where I helped the Gremlin do 6 laps and a Heroic Fix. I can't compete with Eyesore for laps, or Spank for IOE, but I'm throwing down the gauntlet for Heroic Fix. I'm packing a case of bubble gum and 2 popsicle sticks. I'm going to splint someone's connecting rod...

See you guys there!

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

well

Yakuza Gorilla racing here. itll be our first race, were bringing a 95 BMW 540I 6spd. were going to love the big straight. just not the fuel costs.

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

for sleep were bringing some tents and trucks, i go to the 12hrs of sebring every year, as well as rolex 24, so im used to napping with tons of noise goign by. i figure ill catch an hr or 2 the afternoon before the race, stay up to run my first stint, then crash for an hr or 2, rinse and repeat

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

yakuza gorilla wrote:

well

Yakuza Gorilla racing here. itll be our first race, were bringing a 95 BMW 540I 6spd. were going to love the big straight. just not the fuel costs.

a 95 BMW 540I 6spd  ??????

i can't wait to see this in the BS inspection.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

and you will be suprised. were going to get some bs called, but not as bad as it seems, got the car at a steal and sold the interior and a ton of stuff off of it.

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

besides, were not the first ones to use a 540 in Lemons, one 540 won 1 or 2 races last year

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

yakuza gorilla wrote:

besides, were not the first ones to use a 540 in Lemons, one 540 won 1 or 2 races last year

i don't claim to know everything, but i don't remeber any 5 series BMWs winning any races.  E30s maybe, but an E39?   good luck, see ya'll out there.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

67 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2010-12-19 05:53 AM)

yakuza gorilla wrote:

You're going to get laps. Probably 200 or so. Accept that now, and life will be easier

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

we have accepted the fact were going to get bs laps. were out for fun, we dont care if we win

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

on the upside for the cars cooling system sake it looks like the temps will be nice just checked the 10 day forcast and on the 28th its a high of 70, low of 50

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010

70 (edited by jbbugs 2010-12-20 06:40 AM)

There's supposed to be another cold front coming down around Xmas. Might me a little colder than you think.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/vdubsinjensen/LeMonscar001.jpg
We finally got our Beast up and running. We still have a checklist of things to do though.
Kinda sucks that the gas prices have been creeping up a bit.

J.B. Bugs Racing

71 (edited by Tomato 2010-12-20 11:16 AM)

The Philly River Rats will be there with a 88 Honda Prelude.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs356.ash2/63681_1764143828752_1393824566_31983477_7689622_n.jpg

And our 2nd car team will be there as well.
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2009/10/500x_LNL09-Top-018.jpg

Philly River Rats, 1989 Honda Prelude (covered in Fur)
Cuba Norte 2010 (PBIR) headgasket and spun bearing, Real Hoopies of NJ 2011 (NJMP Lighting) 2 motors, Halloween, Hooptiefest 2012 (NHMS) 24th overall, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013 (NHMS) 23rd overall, Real Hoopties of NJ 2014 (NJMP Thunderbolt) clutch and turbo 55th overall

Is anyone bringing cu...um  ah, thin lukewarm oatmeal cigars?

Car54 wrote:

Is anyone bringing cu...um  ah, thin lukewarm oatmeal cigars?

of course not, they're illegal.  besides VK yells at me whenever i light one up.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Rusted Nuts Racing will be there for our first event. We have a Cuban Russian Vodka sponsored '94 Celia with Bloody Mary themed add ons. I'm interested to see how it looks as we are not done yet and the car is still on jack stands. We will have PLENTY of BM hangover remedy available on Saturday morning during load out if needed.

We are also from Tampa area and plan to drive down Wed night sometime. Seriously wondering where we are all going to sleep for 2.5 days...

Yakuza goriila is just sleeping in trucks, chairs, trees, concrete, etc.

were from broward so were just heading up real early thursday morning, its only about an hr drive or so for us

Yakuza Gorilla racing
95 BMW 540I 6spd.
cuba norte 2010