Topic: San Diego teams, want to be on TV?

Dave Stall, resident San Diego car guy on TV and radio, has a motorsports segment on the KUSI Saturday morning news, and this Saturday morning (11/13) at 6:45am is an open call for any Lemons cars to show up to promote the series.

It was started by a local team who is racing for charity (and whose exploits have been covered here: http://hooniverse.com/2010/09/13/former … involved/) that appeared on Dave Stall's radio show a few weeks ago. It'll likely be just a short appearance, but my car and I previously appeared his segment last year when our team was part of Grassroots Motorsports Grand Challenge, and I was asked to do a burnout on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-ZGcS6BcI

Info: Need you and the cars at KUSI,  4575 Viewridge SD 92123, I-15 to Balboa,
north up Balboa to first light, Viewrdige, turn right and KUSI is on the
right down the hill at 6:45 AM.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Re: San Diego teams, want to be on TV?

I'd say Spank would be up for it - but I'm certain none of those cars actually run right now. Can he drag the KUSI remote to Spank's house in Escondido?

My drivers are all for SD, but the car is in my driveway in Sacto. Oh well. Cardboard cut-out?

Or better, just borrow a Tijuana special VW bug and make like it's out Lemons car.

I don't have a trailer but I have a tow bar so I'll just flat tow my car there.

Sounds pretty cool, but man why so damned early?

The sChitroen actually is running, thank you very much. But it's off of a fuel jug since the cell is out of it at the moment. Won't take long to fix that.

The Mini, on the other hand, is in the midst of an engine replacement (ahem TURBO A-series 998 cough cough). I might be able to plunk in something for appearances, though. I just can't tow both cars down. If I can get the sChitroen registered I night be able to tow the mini with the sChit...

The Apollo 18 car? It's first public appearance won't be until tech on Friday at B-willow. and that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it's not even a roller at the moment... nothing whatsoever. nope. nothing. what. so. ev. er. uh-uh. not a factor.

Pendejo and the Jag are down there!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The mighty (ex Magnus Racing) Alfetta will be there as well...
JP

rotboxracing.com
1977 Afletta

If I can get my ass out of bed, I'll drive the sChitroen down there if I don't get pulled over without working headlights.

I'm not risking driving my pile on the freeway even though it's registered and insured. I just need to swap front bumpers so I can bolt the tow bar back on.

I'll just consider it a pre-race test day!

I don't own a trailer large enough to tow it and my tow rig is having transmission issues (code 62 "excessive torque converter slip") that are taking a back seat to getting the 3 cars ready for Buttonwillow sad

I DO have AAA though, so if it craps out on me I have a means of getting it home.

We've got AAA preferred (which has already come in handy about 6 times in getting the Alfa to and from autocross, breakdowns, etc), so happy to offer it to whoever needs it.  Spank, we are heading down from just south of Rancho Bernardo, so see you on the 15...

rotboxracing.com
1977 Afletta

11 (edited by Spank 2010-11-12 11:40 PM)

I can't figure out the French wiring to get the turn signals to work... Brake lights work, no headlights. I figure I need to have at least brake and signals...

I'll work on it again after the family goes to bed...

[Edit: I ain't makin' it. Sounds like there's going to be a grand turnout anyways. Have fun.]

Boo. It's midnighit and I've had a few too many beers and I'm gonna make it. Turn signals are for babies.

Hand signals are still legal, right?

Just watched our segment. Matt from Lapping for Leukemia did a great job! They did get the dates wrong on the race (Fri-Sat) but oh well.

Anyone got a link to the segment?

rotboxracing.com
1977 Afletta

It's on my DVR and I have no clue how to put it online.

http://www.kusi.com/video?clipId=529094 … start=true