Topic: Team Listings -Suggestion Box

Suggestion to the Lemon's  "Powers that Be", it would  be very nice and helpful to be able to view, as in "read only", other teams entry information for each race. Each team puts a lot of useful information on that page, but the only people that can view it is our own team and the Lemons Staff.

Stuff like email links, team website page, photos of the team members, names, car photo and each teams writeup would be fun and useful to see. Also allow us to get email listing of the team captain so we could contact other teams.

I understand that some info may not want to be shared, give the teams the option to hide that info. But let us see the other lost souls who we will be driving with and having the blast of a lifetime with. This is the most fun outside of the bedroom, lets share it all!

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

Re: Team Listings -Suggestion Box

I agree it would be nice if nothing else to be able to see the car make and model of each team.  As for publishing other (more personal) info, that should be at the discretion of each team to hide it or not.

On the whole premise of a 'suggestion box' in general though, good luck with that.  Unless someone here knows different, I don't think Jay takes suggestions.  I understand that everyone has an opinion, and it could be a nightmare to sort through them all, but on the flip side we have a lot of intelligent people here with ideas that could likely make the series even better.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I wasn't suggesting a Suggestion Box, just making a suggestion. That is a first, use "suggestion" three times in one sentence! That should qualify for some type of Lemon's trophy!

I do have a problem with your statement that "we have a lot of intelligent people here", I'm afraid that participating in Lemons disqualifies us as intelligent!

'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

4 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2010-11-09 10:32 AM)

Mr. Unruly wrote:

I wasn't suggesting a Suggestion Box, just making a suggestion. That is a first, use "suggestion" three times in one sentence! That should qualify for some type of Lemon's trophy!

I do have a problem with your statement that "we have a lot of intelligent people here", I'm afraid that participating in Lemons disqualifies us as intelligent!

145 IQ qualifies as intelligent. Building / Racing a LeMon qualifies as irrational.
there are a lot of smart people here. Often times i think i'm the dumbest, but not a single one of us loons is rational.

anyone on this forum claiming to be rational, is a liar, or a judge. The Court are the one rational ones of the lot.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Back to the suggestion, probably the biggest issue would be email addresses.  Even if its just the team captain, I'm sure alot of people would rather not have that info get out to the world in general.  I'm also guessing some teams like to keep their car and theme as a surprise also.

If it was done it would have to be all optional to allow the teams to put up what they want if they want and would probably be a administrative nightmare with other gliches.  I know there is already a gliche with the pictures.  If you name your picture something like me.jpg and someone later uploads a picture of them named me.jpg it replaces your picture and any other pic named me.jpg.  Not really a big deal for a page no one really looks at, but once the public starts looking at it, it might be different.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB,

You have an interesting point. In my mind (certainly not a rational mind) I was assuming the access would be limited to only other teams which have applied for a race, not the entire public. So that would require that the password we use to manage our own team would give us access to other teams on a read only basis. And yes, if emails are felt to be private, then any team could hide that info.

I also understand the surprise factor, so that again would allow teams to hide any or all. Like I said, just a suggestion. There is probably a whole boatload of great stuff on those applications that would entertain our irrational minds for hours!

I think the email public vs. private thing could easily be resolved using the same system the forum is using. the email's hidden from public viewing, and if you want to contact that person you hit the "email" link and use the web-based form. then the team captain has the option to directly reply, or leave a message on their forum inbox.

A more generic team bio should be allowable to enter for the "team directory" page that's separate from the "team concept" box in the entry form, allowing teams to fill out something descriptive without necessarily giving away their theme. race history, crew personnel, etc.

I was clicking around in the site and noticed that they changed the registration for next year.  While playing with it I got to the team setup and noticed there is a check box for allowing fans to see it.  Also sounds like you only get to write your concept once.  So they might have already started letting people do this.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

All of that would require retaining a database programmer to redesign the registration system to allow that sort of access...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I like the format for entering the 2011 events.  As Bob mentioned - looks like they were already working access and 'fans' etc a while ago.  smile