Topic: Help from NOLA

We have a friend that has been yearning to race.  We have a friend with commitment issues.  Until now.  Now, he yearns to race AND he's been putting his money where his mouth is.  It's beautiful.  He's racing on our sorta-kinda sister team.  (Would that be a cousin team?  Inquiring minds want to know...) 

But his job is f*ing it all up.  Now they are demanding that he work longer, and harder, and for no extra money.  He can still make the race at NPR *if* he flies into New Orleans at 1030p on Friday.  Is there anyone - ANYONE - who lives in/near NOLA that plans on driving out late Friday night or sometime Saturday morning?

We would grab him up ourselves, but we're coming in from the wrong direction - Houston.

Please?  Please!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Re: Help from NOLA

The track is only 60 miles from NOLA. Even less to the airport.

Really, just have 'em get a shitbox rental for the weekend... what's that going to be from late Friday to mid Sunday?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

4 (edited by shrimpandboots 2010-11-11 06:08 AM)

Doc. all of our guys and gals will already be at the track. It might be a long shot but you can try to email Chris, thats the tall guy that runs most everything at the track, he lives in the New Orleans area. He will likely also already be at the track but may know of someone that will be coming during the time you need. His email is the one on the main New Orleans event page that includes Buckeye Contractors.

One of our guys is leaving Houston later in the day on Friday and plans to be there at about 10pm.....if he can help by swinging past the airport, let me know!
Mark

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

One of our guys is driving down in his M5, it can't take very long to get to the airport in an M5, right?

The airport is less than 45 miles from the track.  He could ride a gator to the track.

Justice...with a smile.

If he gets a crappy enough rental, the judges mught let him race that!  Aveo anyone?

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

H.K. Phooey wrote:

The airport is less than 45 miles from the track.  He could ride a gator to the track.

Or some cCajun fisherman could bring him on the bayou.

Markdas wrote:

One of our guys is leaving Houston later in the day on Friday and plans to be there at about 10pm.....if he can help by swinging past the airport, let me know!
Mark

Mark, that would be about perfect -- I'll check with him to see how solid the arrival time guesstimate is. Your teammate would of course be plied with adoration and tasty beverages for his trouble.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

sergio wrote:

One of our guys is driving down in his M5, it can't take very long to get to the airport in an M5, right?

what about a SHO with a knock, that later wins the overall? must be faster than an M5

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Let us know......thats the possability at the moment....I guess over the 5-6 hours drive a lot can happen but either way, we can travel up to the airport to collect someone if thats what it takes.

Mark

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
sergio wrote:

what about a SHO with a knock, that later wins the overall? must be faster than an M5

The car doesn't have a passenger seat.

sergio wrote:

The car doesn't have a passenger seat.

Maybe we should have Schumacher Taxi Service earn their stripes

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I plan on driving in Friday night on Saturday morning from the east (Mississippi). I'll be going through NOLA/Metairie. Be glad to pick up someone if our schedules work.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

Thanks, everyone. We're still trying to work out the real timing of this -- lots of moving pieces (& people). We'll post here after talking more with him tomorrow, he is on the road for work today too.

Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Brian Pollack (team property devaluation) asked me to contact you. I live north of N.O. and can pick up your driver on Friday night. I will be practicing on Friday at Circuit Grand Bayou and then driving home on Friday night and will be driving back to the track on Saturday. If he wants I can pick him up at the airport and he can crash on my couch or air mattress on Friday night (assuming it's ok with the wife which i am sure it will be) or he can grab a hotel. I will be headed back to the track Sat. morning. I can be reached at 214-930-6757. I travel for work and I know how these things go!
Ray

No excuses, No regrets, Never give up!

Looks like one way or another this is going to work out. Good deal!

19 (edited by Markdas 2010-11-12 07:55 AM)

The  most pampered (non powerful, black cloaked, segway riding, gestapo type) man in the Lemons event!

Markdas wrote:

The  most pampered non-judge in the Lemons event!

Please allow me to suggest an edit... smile

74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:

Thanks, everyone. We're still trying to work out the real timing of this -- lots of moving pieces (& people). We'll post here after talking more with him tomorrow, he is on the road for work today too.

A (small...mebbe just me) group of us should be headed up on Saturday from New Orleans to spectate but we haven't decided what time yet. Airport is on the route, so depending on schedule we might be able to swing it.

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

OK, things are more pinned down: any going to be near the Baton Rouge airport at 8:45-9ish? His flight is to Baton Rouge and lands 8:36pm.

74 races so far.

Plenty of us in BR headed to race and work.

Lemons people rock. He may have found someone on the same flight with which to split a rental car; should know later today. If that falls through I'll be back here to grovel later. smile

74 races so far.