Topic: So what would this qualify for?

Good, Bad, or Ugly?

http://jalopnik.com/5687360/a-home+buil … ke-you-cry

The team that brings this should win automatically.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Re: So what would this qualify for?

we've been trying to get someone to buy it in the cars for sale area for a couple days now.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=6877

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I think SpeedyCop is trying to get a 4th mortgage to buy and prep it.

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I'm sure that is way too close to being done for Speedy Cop

It Ain't My Fault

Judgemobile?

I think its turning radius might actually be worse than my M35A2's...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I need 4-5 guys to chip in $500 each. I'll buy it, prep it, and guarantee the guys a seat for the cost of the Lemons fees ($225 each). You will be instant LEGENDS.

I'm serious.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

I need 4-5 guys to chip in $500 each. I'll buy it, prep it, and guarantee the guys a seat for the cost of the Lemons fees ($225 each). You will be instant LEGENDS.

I'm serious.

Speedy, you bastard......you tempt me so....
At which race would you put it?

2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix

komododave wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

I'm serious.

summit point? big_smile

Serj wrote:
komododave wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

I'm serious.

summit point? big_smile

We might need a straight nascar loop so the turning radius will fit.  If there's a chicane, you might as well bulldoze it and take the penalty.

Dunno, but it would be between now and next summer, and somewhere between CMP and Gingerman. I would need paypals before the auction ends to pull this off. If we don't win the bid, the payments would be refused, and no one would be out a dime.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

I have one taker already that just paypal'd me. That only leaves room for four. If you snooze, you'll be watching us hog the track and kicking yourself...

BTW, it will fit in my 24' trailer...barely!

Speedycop wrote:

I have one taker already that just paypal'd me. That only leaves room for four. If you snooze, you'll be watching us hog the track and kicking yourself...

O.K. so I know you won't go for this theme but hey the car fits the theme.:D
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uplo … mobile.jpg

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
Speedycop wrote:

O.K. so I know you won't go for this theme but hey the car fits the theme.:D
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uplo … mobile.jpg

I was wondering if anyone was ever going to suggest that as a theme, let alone build it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I just outright don't have the money...especially since i just paid you to race the bayou tongue

Ace and Gary? Would be funny, but no, this car IS it's own theme---automotive insanity!

Serj, I hear ya. Why do you think I need prepaid drivers for a car I don't own yet? I'd like to stay married AND keep my house.

If you can promise Miami North, I'm in (I'm already paid up for Miami, too).

I would LOVE to have a fellow nut on board, Spank, but I can't promise Miami North.

RogueLeader wrote:

Good, Bad, or Ugly?

http://jalopnik.com/5687360/a-home+buil … ke-you-cry

The team that brings this should win automatically.

unfortunately, you are gonna need a waiver from Jay. it is not a mass production car. it is tube frame.

I'm sure Jay will grant the waiver, but it will probably be a one time deal.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Speedycop wrote:

I'm serious.

This sounds like a good time for me to call in some debts. If it works out, I'll let you know within 24 hours or so.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Waiver granted.
I need 4 more people @ $500 each. I think my cousin will want in, so that would leave three spots. speedycop@comcast.net is my paypal.

If a $725 check drops in my lap tomorrow, I'll tell the wife it's a message from God. But I'm not holding my breath.

I am awaiting cash in person from one guy tomorrow. Several members here are about to pull the trigger. I should be paid up and full up by tomorrow night! If you are waiting, you'll miss out. Now if we can only win the auction. Sounds like a there's a TON of interest in this auction now.

BTW, I bid earlier, just to show I was serious. I also talked to the seller for a long time. He's a fellow racer (SCCA Spec) who's raced Audobahn, and he would really like a seat in the car eventually, although that didn't make him end the auction early. Now I need to try to snipe it, and hope that people with deep pockets forget to bid...

I'm still working on the funding. I'm even shaking down my GRANDMOTHER for early Christmas and birthday gifts.

Additionally, I got to thinking - this car isn't REALLY that long. Assuming the measurements are right, at 204 inches it's only 8 inches longer than FinalGear's Grand Prix is, and there are a handful of even bigger cars out there. Back when I was a teenager, there was a brief time that I drove a 1977 Mercury Marquis at 229 inches from stem to stern.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Yeah, but this car is HEAVY, according to the seller. Like, 4500 lbs. heavy!