Topic: And speaking of Laissez Les Crapheaps bribes...

I was just taking a look at my liquor cabinet— well-stocked with choice spirits, thanks to the wise generosity of fairness-seeking racers— and I discovered that I'm disturbingly short on Central and Eastern European fruit brandies. No slivovice! No tuica! No rakia! No palinka! What am I going to wash down my goulash with?

Any team that honors the Lemons Supreme Court with a bottle of top-shelf Hungarian/Czech/Balkan/etc hooch may well find that we'll be slightly less suspicious of those "Craigslist coilovers" or "junkyard Bilsteins" during the BS inspection.

Re: And speaking of Laissez Les Crapheaps bribes...

Goulash is best washed down with the tears of the proletariat, comrade!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I have a frozen botle of Russian Standard in my freezer if thats any use?

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Did you already drink the 2 bottles of Polinka we offered up as glorious baksheesh from CMP Fall?

It was authentic 'village-still-day' stuff from a Romanian friend.... had a very nice hint of apple.

William
Team SOB

We're also looking for quality Arrack and Green Chartreuse!

Remember, we need Mardis Gras beads for the Baton Rouge Death March penalty. A big bag of beads might get you a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card.

zigm wrote:

Did you already drink the 2 bottles of Polinka we offered up as glorious baksheesh from CMP Fall?

It was authentic 'village-still-day' stuff from a Romanian friend.... had a very nice hint of apple.

Are we talking about stuff that came in a mason jar? If so, I drank some, but didn't think the TSA would be happy about me packing the stuff in my checked bags.

I thought any volume of liquids in checked luggage was ok?

I always get my checked bags searched by the TSA, because I always have weird stuff like car horns and Lada toolkits inside, and I figure they'll probably freak out over unlabeled jars full of mysterious liquid. Guantanamo, here I come!

Judge Phil wrote:

We're also looking for quality Arrack and Green Chartreuse!

Remember, we need Mardis Gras beads for the Baton Rouge Death March penalty. A big bag of beads might get you a Get Out Of Penalty Box Free card.

Crap, now I remember why I was holding on to those three bags of beads...

-Tom

-=HFC Tom

I still need an air mattress as I am staying at the track all night.  Justice will be served while sleepy and swiftly.  Inflatable does not include dolls or animals, non-sticky mattress only please.

I will not over look, I found this turbo and ECU on the shelf....I'm just sayin'.

Justice...with a smile.

Judge Phil wrote:
zigm wrote:

Are we talking about stuff that came in a mason jar? If so, I drank some, but didn't think the TSA would be happy about me packing the stuff in my checked bags.

The Polinka was in stealthy 16oz drinking-water bottles.... The only way our friend has been able to reliably get them from Romania through US Customs in his checked luggage.

William
Team SOB

H.K. Phooey wrote:

I still need an air mattress as I am staying at the track all night.  Justice will be served while sleepy and swiftly.  Inflatable does not include dolls or animals, non-sticky mattress only please.

I will not over look, I found this turbo and ECU on the shelf....I'm just sayin'.

you know i got a full-size, a Army cott and a tent i'm bringing. Someone needs to out do me to urn Scott's blind eye. my bribes dont count as i dont have a car.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

my bribes dont count as i dont have a car.

What, you don't have the Acura totally fixed by now?

Its his daily driver! At the Circus!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Judge Phil wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

i need teammates first. you want to join?

the Integra put up a great fight AFTER the race, too. The starter finally gave out. It wont even crank when you hit it. So i pull started it with the help of a homeless dude to load it on the trailer. i towed it to Troy's storage lot, and discovered the brakes locked up again, to where i couldn't even push it off a tow dollie. No problem, just set the parking brake and drive off with the dollie. It's rotting next to Sajeev's Caddy Limo Judgemobile. I'm working on the Blue Goose CRX. It has a history of completing more laps.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

I'm working on the Blue Goose CRX. It has a history of completing laps.

Fixed that for you.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

i towed it to Troy's storage lot...

That's no "storage lot," sir. It's called the Field of Dreams. Or, by the neighbors, the junk yard. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Technically, the storage lot is my brother's and it's called "Ryan's."  I just have a lot of crap there.   

To most of us it's affectionately call the Field of Dreams or FOD.

It is close to exceeding terminal crapdom so some cars are gonna have to go.

Regarding the limo, it's kinda Sajeev's and mine but we haven't transferred the title so who knows who's gonna end up owning it.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/10/08-57.jpg

The Blue Goose car actually did pretty well at the Fall '07 Altamont race. 8th place! Since then... not so well.

20 (edited by H.K. Phooey 2010-11-18 09:39 AM)

I want 1 gallon can pull tabs and remember, I will be at all 5 Texas races next year and I have a memory like steel mesh.

Justice...with a smile.