Topic: Model T

Anybody know anything about the Model T that is supposed to run at Buttonwillow in a few weeks? Is it running completely stock? Skinny tires, no gauges, huge spoked wheels? I'm intrigued by this.

Model T + Race Track + Full Safety Gear = Most photogenic (terrifying?) LeMon ever?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Model T

model T? Now THAT outta be interesting!

Rumor is that its appearance coincides with the retirement of the V8olvo.

I know nothing.......other than it will be VERY cool......

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Hopefully it's not an original. Even with half assed body panels they are still vauable and collectors items.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I'm pretty familiar with this car. Team captain is Dave Schaible, aka the crew chief of the Death Cab V8olvo. Basically, it's a super-rusty and bullet-riddled '27 T body and cowl on a hacked-up-to hell T frame with (I think) Fox Ford suspension and drivetrain. Dave picked up the body many years ago for a rat rod project and figured he might as well make a street/race car out of it.

Of course, I haven't seen what they've actually built, so I'm looking forward to it as much as everyone else.

Oh dear god...

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Judge Phil wrote:

....it's a super-rusty and bullet-riddled '27 T body and cowl on a hacked-up-to hell T frame with (I think) Fox Ford suspension and drivetrain.....

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Oh dear god...

That's just AWESOME !!!!!

9 (edited by vwdmc16 2010-11-15 07:48 PM)

you guys have no idea..................

its a '27 T body with a '30 A frame,

Its been at our shop for cage work... But I'm not talking...

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Somehow I'm guessing the valves won't be in the block.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Sounds like I picked the wrong race to skip.  sad

vwminispeedster wrote:

Come drive the sChitroen. Still looking for one driver. $375 if you've already got a Lemons license...

Buttonwillow '10 is going to be one of the greatest Lemons races of all time. The Model T (which has a great, though still secret, theme) is just one of many incredible vehicles that will be there.

So my buddy is the head of the Model T Club international.  He has a shot up old rusty body Model T.  Just the body, no frame, no nothing.  It is worth something like 75k.  Why? It is the last traceable body to the Richmond, VA plant.

Point is, Model T's can be worth a hell of a lot of money, hell of a lot more than 500 bucks.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

So my buddy is the head of the Model T Club international.  He has a shot up old rusty body Model T.  Just the body, no frame, no nothing.  It is worth something like 75k.  Why? It is the last traceable body to the Richmond, VA plant.

Point is, Model T's can be worth a hell of a lot of money, hell of a lot more than 500 bucks.

As with most collectibles, it's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Spank wrote:
vwminispeedster wrote:

Come drive the sChitroen. Still looking for one driver. $375 if you've already got a Lemons license...

That offer open to anyone?

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

This "Model T body" is two pieces of metal that can be lifted by one person without breaking a sweat. If Dave could have sold it for big bucks, he would have. So, purists, stop weeping about Model T number 3,428,110 out of 6,229,018 being cruelly violated.

dculberson wrote:
Spank wrote:
vwminispeedster wrote:

That offer open to anyone?

Anyone with track manners and realistic expectations, yes. Email sent.

Riktor wrote:

Hopefully it's not an original. Even with half assed body panels they are still vauable and collectors items.

Have you checked the various web sites and Hemmings etc..
  Model T's are not terribly valuable.    More than a few decently restored ones sell for less than the price of a good used car..
I owned A Model A Ford and sold it recently for $3000.. If I'd waited another six months the market at even that price dried up completely. 
The reason for that is how many millions were made, and how many were restored by our grandparents.. and passed dwon to dads without the same passion or past history. 
   A  model T with no particular provenance composed of bit's of this and bits of that?  Not terribly expensive..
  Model T's and A's are actually more valuable as Rat rods right now than originals..  That plus the ease of fabricating replacement cowls and various other bits Turns a little bit of sheet metal into a "car"

If anyone wants to run a Model A.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KWqiXnQ … r_embedded

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

OMGuar wrote:
Riktor wrote:

Have you checked the various web sites and Hemmings etc..
  Model T's are not terribly valuable.    More than a few decently restored ones sell for less than the price of a good used car..
I owned A Model A Ford and sold it recently for $3000.. If I'd waited another six months the market at even that price dried up completely. 
The reason for that is how many millions were made, and how many were restored by our grandparents.. and passed dwon to dads without the same passion or past history. 
   A  model T with no particular provenance composed of bit's of this and bits of that?  Not terribly expensive..
  Model T's and A's are actually more valuable as Rat rods right now than originals..  That plus the ease of fabricating replacement cowls and various other bits Turns a little bit of sheet metal into a "car"

So they might actually be increasing the value by having it as a model t race car.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

bigds01 wrote:

Since Model T's didn't have seriel numbers stamped in the body it would be nearly impossible to prove a bodies origin..
  That plus the real collectors of Model T's have passed away and even their sons have at least one foot in the grave, there is no real market like the one for Muscle cars..
  millions of Model T's made?   a tiny market for them.. Top speed prevents their use on interstates Even Model A's can barely meet minimum speed limits on freeways and not up a grade unless modified.. (40 Horsepower)
I've watched a replica cowl made in a day.  So the bitsa wouldn't be very valuable..

He took a bunch of his t's on a Seattle to New York run a few years ago.  It really is amazing to talk to an expert in one of those cars.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

does anyone have any idea how many out of the 15M modelt Ts made are remaining? id say less than a millon.