Topic: Monster Lemons

As some may know, I own a M35A2 Deuce and a half truck. I may have the opertunity to get my hands on another rolling chassis for little to nothing.

Keep in mind their dry weight with drivetrain is just over 13k. Theoretically it may be possible to get it under 4k with the same axles and tires that make it a deuce. Throw in a cheapy V8 driveline and it could be an... interesting addition.

Opinions?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Re: Monster Lemons

only if you bring it to stafford smile

Serj wrote:

Towing it with my other deuce right?

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

I think it might be dangerous, for both the driver and others, slow, scary, and expensive.  In other words, perfect!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

5 (edited by Serj 2010-11-17 12:24 PM)

Riktor wrote:
Serj wrote:

Towing it with my other deuce right?

I was thinking more of the whole "Biggest freakin beast of a lemon in the smallest, tightest Arena of a track on the Lemons calendar." put it on a more wide open course and it'd just be another rolling chicane that's easy to dodge for the most part. smile

sure, tow it with the other duece. team theme could be Double Deuce Biggilo, Lemon Giggilo!

dculberson wrote:

I think it might be dangerous, for both the driver and others, slow, scary, and expensive.  In other words, perfect!

Even with a monstertruck replacement frame (which it would have to have to get the weight down) It would still be a beast of burden adn with the awesome 6.31 ratio f the Rockwell 2.5ton axles. It wouldn't be fast... thats for sure.

Considering there would be NO-WAY this thing would ever win. Could we some how procure a rather... eherm.. powerful engine for it? Hopefully Jay wouldn't claim it. I would hate to have to sqush him.

Sons of STIG

7 (edited by dculberson 2010-11-18 08:18 AM)

I have a Lexus 1UZ-FE, currently in an LS-400.. 250hp/260tq.  Not a ton, but it's something!

Edit: Forgot to mention, since it's all aluminum it would help with weight.  400lbs all in.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria

T3 at Thunderhill, an off-camber right-hand turn, and passing the u-haul themed illegal-immigration truck on the outside. It was a bit scary, seeing it leaning, leaning more, and even more towards me in that tiny Opel, giving me extra motivation to get past it asap.

I imagine if you brought something really big to the track that there might be something of a racing dead zone around it.

dculberson wrote:

I have a Lexus 1UZ-FE, currently in an LS-400.. 250hp/260tq.  Not a ton, but it's something!

Edit: Forgot to mention, since it's all aluminum it would help with weight.  400lbs all in.

That's nearly the same torgues and twice the horsepower as the stock Multi-Fuel that comes in them.

m610 wrote:

T3 at Thunderhill, an off-camber right-hand turn, and passing the u-haul themed illegal-immigration truck on the outside. It was a bit scary, seeing it leaning, leaning more, and even more towards me in that tiny Opel, giving me extra motivation to get past it asap.

I imagine if you brought something really big to the track that there might be something of a racing dead zone around it.

Considering each axle is just under 800 lbs and the stock wheel tire assemblies are 200 a piece. We are looking at 60% of the entire vehicle weight ON the ground. It will lean but the tires will probably never leane the ground.

No Furry LeCar re-enactments.

Sons of STIG

10 (edited by Serj 2010-11-18 04:13 PM)

CVPI engine? i got one, that's about 290tq, prolly around 230-250hp in PI trim.

Riktor, I do have an idea though. Trying to keep tabs on Bill Caswell and the $500 E30 + his current run in the Baja 1000 makes me think; you, me, dculberson, and a few others could make that deuce a pretty sweet baja entry smile

Serj wrote:

CVPI engine? i got one, that's about 290tq, prolly around 230-250hp in PI trim.

Riktor, I do have an idea though. Trying to keep tabs on Bill Caswell and the $500 E30 + his current run in the Baja 1000 makes me think; you, me, dculberson, and a few others could make that deuce a pretty sweet baja entry smile

I actually thought about that as soon as I realized how much work I would have to do to the frame. But for it to be a baja it would require extensive suspension work and axle replacements.

Sons of STIG

psh, who needs a suspension? just swap the ring gears to something more pedestrian, like 4.10s and get those bus/truck seats that have their own suspension smile Air down the tires a little, IT'LL BE FINNNNNEEEEE

Serj wrote:

psh, who needs a suspension? just swap the ring gears to something more pedestrian, like 4.10s and get those bus/truck seats that have their own suspension smile Air down the tires a little, IT'LL BE FINNNNNEEEEE

There are very few companies that produce replacement gear sets for Rockwell 2.5ton axles. And each set is over 1k each. That's six axles worth of gear sets with a transfer cas that can only take a little over 300 ft/lbs of torque.

Axle swap is more logical.

It actually has a sprung seat but not one for off road beating.

Sons of STIG

I dunno. You could turn it into a hyper-fashionable twin-axle trailer instead. Just chop it off after the cab and open up the rear part of the driveline so it freewheels.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Riktor wrote:

That's nearly the same torgues and twice the horsepower as the stock Multi-Fuel that comes in them.

Well, hot damn!  With the weight savings maybe that would work.  How much do you think the stock multi-fuel weighs??

dculberson wrote:
Riktor wrote:

Well, hot damn!  With the weight savings maybe that would work.  How much do you think the stock multi-fuel weighs??

Complete drive train. Engine and trans... we are looking at just under 2000 lbs... 1650 (est) for the engine and accessories and another 300 for the tranny.

Sons of STIG