Topic: old dirt racer found

Well I went to look at a Scirocco and it needed sto mutch work. Thing is in the back corner of the garage was what looked like a mustang. After asking about it, it turns out it was an old dirt racer. Has full nascar style cage wich this is a friendd who is helping with the cage and read the specs looks like it would pass tech. Pinto frame, mustang fiberglass body pinto drive train. He said that if he can find the title I can have it for about 350 since has been sitting but he did firr it up. Would this be eligable with minor BS points.

Re: old dirt racer found

Ther are more than a couple old oval racers that have been in Lemons.  The gasholes had a fox body mustang, n/a 2.3.  It ran pretty well.

So this one is a mustang ll ?  If so, that would be pretty cool.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

No its a full fiber glass mustang gt body on pinto drive gear. Looks like a small cut down version of an old stock car Tbird.

This would probably best a question for Nick or Jay.  I'm not sure the whole fiberglass body thing would jive.

Taken from the rules
: ELIGIBILITY

2.1: Vehicle Eligibility: Entry limited to mass-produced, four-wheeled vehicles legal for US highway use at the time of their manufacture. Vehicles must be acquired and prepared for a maximum of $500 as described in Section 4. Vehicles must meet all safety standards laid out in Section 3. The vehicle's original, manufacturer-stated curb weight may not exceed 4200 pounds. Individual waivers may be granted; just don't ask about Peterbilts, Zambonis, sidecars, or golf carts again. We already said no.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

It is titled as a Pinto but the best thing for me to do is probly get some pics and post em to clear things up.

It's all opinion in the forums.  May want to consider speaking with the Lemons staff directly.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

If a bradley GT was able to race, I'm sure a Pintostang would too.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

What condition was the Bradley in??

it had an engine out of a vanagon I think, if that gives an indication.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

pintostang sounds very lemony. i was gonna say, it's a friggen pinto with a body swap, they'll get a good laugh out of your worrying though.

I'm using a former Dirtrack  VW for the PBIR race. Had to improve the cage a bit, and make the car stop trying to turn left.

J.B. Bugs Racing
1973 VW Super Beetle....Yeah,yeah I know - It's Not a racecar.
2010 Horas de Cuba del Norte -First in class C, The Ugly, 23rd overall!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

If a bradley GT was able to race, I'm sure a Pintostang would too.

YES YES I told every one we were racing ! big_smile

It Ain't My Fault