Topic: THANK YOU TO ALL THE Lemons PEOPLE AT THE NOV NEW ORLEANS RACE!!!!

TO ALL THE Lemons' CREW:    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALLOWING ME TO RUN MY CREATION!!!   THANK YOU FOR THE ORGANIZERS CHOICE AWARD...     I WAS CHOKED UP AT THE SOLID MEANING WHEN IT WAS PRESENTED.  THE MONEY HELPED TOO.        TO EVERYONE THAT WAS AT THE TRACK FOR THE AWARDS,  CHEERS TO YOU FOR THE ERUPTION OF CHEERS TO ME.   THE TROPHY WILL BE WELDED TO THE TOP OF MY TRUCK FOR EVERYONE WHO DOES BUST THEIR ASS TO GIT 'ER DUN!!!!
  I RAN 166 MILES, far short of a race win, no transponder, no crew, no other drivers,.   THANK YOU WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE.

THANK YOU TEAM PURPLE HAYS, WHOM I WAS PITTED NEXT TO, AND THE GUYS WHO HELPED ME FUEL UP, AND THE GUYS WHO LET ME USE THE SAWALL TO UNFORTUNATLY MAKE A CHEVY SYMBOL on the back/front.           

ITS UNFORGETTABLE FOR ME, AND I WILL BE AT ANOTHER RACE!!!   I can haul the car anywhere and will import drivers, I didnt do all I wanted to the car for this race and couldnt buy really good tires,   but she held her own.

Lastly, anyone with pics or vids they would like to share with me, of the truck, on the track or not, please send to nickwho2u@msn.com

IF I COULD MAKE A BIGGER THANK YOU I CERTAINLY WOULD!!!!      THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

Team Azz Backwards Yankee,  Nick

Re: THANK YOU TO ALL THE Lemons PEOPLE AT THE NOV NEW ORLEANS RACE!!!!

well done Nick!
Come to Houston in Febuary. It's a faster track, with 4x as many cars. Like I told you after the award ceremony as you were driving off, there are many people who want to race Lemons, and most of us would love to do it in something as rediculous as the backwards truck. Any man who build what you did will always be welcome in Lemons. We just need to find you some better teammates.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Awesome car(truck)

Even more awesome is you doing it by yourself.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Glad I could help with the sawzall, Nick. I'd love to drive it at some future event. Cool concept and execution!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Team Azz Backwards Yankee wrote:

IF I COULD MAKE A BIGGER THANK YOU I CERTAINLY WOULD!!!!      THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

No, Thank you for bring that car/truck. We are still talking about that freaky thing. I did not get to pass you on the track because our car broke again but watching it was awesome.

Why ever did your team abandon you in the first place?

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

This guy has joined the ranks of the all-time Legends of Lemons!

Amazing truck/car thing. It freaked me out every time I saw it.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

the truck was totally ok sitting in the paddock or in pictures, but as soon as it started moving, it warped my perception of reality! seriously, i hope someone got video of it under power. Pics alone do NOT do it justice!

Judge Phil wrote:

This guy has joined the ranks of the all-time Legends of Lemons!

I'd certainly hope so.

Funny, just last week I saw a Mythbusters episode where they flipped a Porsche around so the body was backwards and spent the next few hours thinking "Now why exactly hasn't anybody done this yet?"

And then that shows up.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Passing the backwards truck at full steam was trippy in the extreme.  Every time I passed, I had a "Holy Sh!t!" moment.

Epic.  Great job.  I would have been impressed if it had been a full team effort.  The fact that it was a solo build is astounding.  Shame on your mates, mate!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Where can the rest of us get some pics?

Praise Be!

I thought you had spun out on turn 4 first time I saw you, then thought you were thrashing it in revese!  As I got more tired, I couldn't tell my brain that you were actually driving forwards!  Brilliant!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

As it went, The guy whom suggested this race to me was working here, (lives in Houston) and told me about it. I read and researched, and built. he was all in until of course the money and he couldnt get back here, since he was home now.  I had recruited my babys' mamas' brother, but hes been known to flake, and of course didnt sqeeze any dollars out for me. The 4th driver had been recruited from work as well, and had contact with him, and spoke with him that saturday morning at 11am.  HE WAS going to show..... Havent heard from him since.  My crew, one guy,  DID validly have to work ONE DAY, haha,   its all good, expensive test and tune,  BUT I DID IT,  AND EVERYONE THERE AT THE RACE HELPED MAKE IT MORE THAN WORTH IT, AND THE TROPHY AND MONEY I NEEDED....     

IM REALISTICALY CRAZY,    WHAT ARE THE CHANCES TO GET INTO THE FLORIDA RACE, AND HAVE DRIVERS THAT WILL SHOW?    Im currently layed off, so,  work on the car RESUMES!!!!

Team Azz Backwards Yankee,  Nick

Team Azz Backwards Yankee wrote:

IM REALISTICALY CRAZY,    WHAT ARE THE CHANCES TO GET INTO THE FLORIDA RACE, AND HAVE DRIVERS THAT WILL SHOW?    Im currently layed off, so,  work on the car RESUMES!!!!

I won't know for sure until Dec 5th, but if the sChitroen survives Arse-Freeze then my plan is to drive it to Florida (I'm already accepted/registered/paid up). If it takes a sChit on me while driving across I may need to find an alternative vehicle for "us" (self, wife, cousin-- no confirmed 4th driver yet). Maybe bring it as a "backup" car and you be the 4th driver?? Dunno. Just thinking out loud at this point...

Got 3 cars to get ready for next weekend. And only 1 runs at the moment: the sChitroen.

Major props for doing it yourself anyway, but that's a good lesson on how you handle team finances.  Make sure you get the money for the entry fee from all members before even paying the Lemons fee.  If they don't pony up, the fee goes unpaid and the entry gets canceled.

In this instance, we're all glad you showed up!  But don't let yourself get abused like that in the future ... unless you like getting abused.  Hey, I don't judge.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Nick, I can give you some performance help with that '99 P71 chassis. My '98 P71 was a 450HP daily driver that turned a 12.5 1/4 at 110 mph on regular tires. Let me know if you want to mess with it. What rear gear do you have? Did you put a limited slip in? Still have the stock exhaust on it? I still wanna run it if I get the chance. Keep me posted on when you actually plan to race it again...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Nick, I'm gonna be at the Florida race, unattached to any team so if you need help I'm pretty handy with a wrench, as I hope Jeff will attest...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones