Topic: Blog trashes our car, rips Lemons

I find stuff like this hilarious.
http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec-blog/?p=8505

I guess this guy hasn't seen what a subframe for a REAL Shogun looks like...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Novass301/DSC06508.jpg

Yes, Special Editions made that. It leaves much to be desired, and I would rather take our "hack job" over it.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Re: Blog trashes our car, rips Lemons

Wow, that guy REALLY doesn't get it, does he?

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I think he's jealous.

This blogger doesn't have the faintest idea of what Lemons is about.  Wouldn't anyone who considers themself a "driving enthusiast" jump at the chance to drive in a Lemons race?

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

Bloggers like that tool really get my goat.  He states a lot of opinions about Lemons racing and even this particular car without bothering to cite any kind of example or inform the reader in any way.  I have no problem with someone not liking my car, or Lemons racing, or whatever, but at least make a small case as to why.  Note that the "comments" section is closed.

Speaking of Geo Metros.  Really nice work fellows.  I hoist a stein to you and your contraption.  It's really a shame that it's not possible for our Metros to make the same race because I would love to see how your machine compares to the Metro Gnome!  Consider the gauntlet thrown my friends.  I say we take up a pool just for a separate grudge match.

-Alex

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Wow, that guy REALLY doesn't get it, does he?

I totally agree with this.

Most people that dont get Lemons think that trashing it will inhibit us from doing what we do with these cars.  When in all reality it encourages us to come up with even more ideas.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyby7pa0J81qzxzwwo1_500.gif

He's the sort of guy that'd get his knickers in a twist when getting spanked by said Geo Metro on the track.

SCCA!!

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

GnomeFabTech wrote:

It's really a shame that it's not possible for our Metros to make the same race because I would love to see how your machine compares to the Metro Gnome!  Consider the gauntlet thrown my friends.  I say we take up a pool just for a separate grudge match.

-Alex

Find a way to make the Omaha race and I may find a way for us to be there.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

So to be a driving enthusiast you need to only drive expensive factory built cars in expensive venues with other expensive factory cars, and shun anyone who does anything different.  Well i guess I'm not a driving enthusiast

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

He would hate the ShoStang.

BoB wrote:

Well i guess I'm not a driving enthusiast

Wear that badge proudly. 'Enthusiasts' are people who get excited about cars and driving. It implies nothing about skill, experience or capability. Remember: There are Chevy Cavalier enthusiasts.

What, then, are Lemons participants? Depending on the team, they have different mixes of mad scientist, master mechanic and race car driver. There's more Schumacher and Senna in any given one of us than in the average 'Enthusiast' - and frankly, if all he could come up with about LeMans was that it's "the most famous race in the world" I question his credentials at even that.

And of course the SCCA gnomes never would have let that car off the trailer - they wouldn't know what to classify it as.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

That's a freaking awesome swap. I'd take it in a heartbeat. I wonder if we could fit a SHO motor in the back of an MR2...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Hay, we don't build crap so we can trash it racing, we build crap from trash so we can take it racing. Big difference.

BTW, great swap.

Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having listened to that guy. I award him no points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I was expecting more than just, "those guys are idiots for swapping a SHO engine into a Metro."  If you're going to trash it, at least point out one failing of the car.

I wonder if those images are covered under "fair use" or if Judge Phil can unleash the hounds.  (And by "hounds" I mean bloodthirsty, slavering lawyers.)

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

16 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-11-22 02:00 PM)

DaveH wrote:

(And by "hounds" I mean bloodthirsty, slavering lawyers.)

you rang?

http://churchwhisperer.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/shark-lawyer.jpg

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I feel nothing but pity for that man.

#76 TWSS Racing

To avoid giving that site any additional traffic, and since he has comments closed, so their really is no reason to visit...

Lame Enthusiast Blogger wrote:

Falling Down: SHO engine swap into Geo Metro
When your usefulness to society has ended… when you’ve lost everything in life but your soul, this is the fate which befalls you. You find yourself transplanted into a lowly Geo Metro, a rolling hell, the next worse thing on the planet to a Citroen 2CV.

Mind you, this is not a proper swap, such as the SHO engine swap into the Korean-made Ford Fiesta known as the “SHOgun”. No, this is a hack job, built solely to trash in the silly and unprofessional race series known as the Lemons (a bastardized redneck rip-off of the most famous race in the world). A short but violent life in the twilight, a rolling zombie, you bleed your guts out, and you end up in the trash heap you wished you’d gone to with your original body.

Meet the Geo Metro with SHO engine swap. Consider this: would the SCCA ever sanction such a hackjob? Of course not: in professional SCCA racing, safety stewards would ensure this never made it off the trailer. And that’s our problem with this ridiculousness. That and the fact that a good SHO engine should have found a home in any number of better places.

Post includes pix lifted from Judge Phil's site.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

Ah, he's just a jealous little prick. That MetSHO (I was rooting for you guys during the Chicago race) was not only done a lot cheaper but with far more creativity than anything he's ever come up with. Lemons racers are doing the same things people with trust funds and sponsorships are, but we're doing it for a lot less money while having a lot more fun, and that makes them jealous. Racing is no longer a very exclusive club and they don't like that one bit, so their reaction is to belittle our efforts and treat us like second class citizens.

We're not going anywhere, and anyone who doesn't like it is just going to have to deal with it.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

The comparison to the 2CV doesn't really work, either - who doesn't love a 2CV?

cbustapeck wrote:

The comparison to the 2CV doesn't really work, either - who doesn't love a 2CV?

Not that this guy had any credibility to start with, he lost any left with that untrue remark about the 2CV. The freaking shifter goes into and out of the dash in that plane!!  There's no logical reason for it. And for that the 2CV is awesome.

Lame Enthusiast Blogger wrote:
I am poorly hung and I would use my checkbook to race if it weren't so dangerous.

Fixed that for him.
Notice that most of his recent posts are about V8 swaps into Ford Focuses? I think he's one part Fordnatic, one part wanna-be gearhead, and one part "if I only had the money" dreamer. If he had a pair he'd be building something instead of ripping on other people's work.

Wish he had the comments open so I could point out to him that esteemed professional race driver Randy Pobst drove in the  same Lemons race as the SHO-Metro.

With an H
Eyesore Racing

Talking about Pobst team.  The only way you could improve your car would possibly to get some of Pobst crew members on your team, you know the crew members that mainly did their work on the roof.

wink

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Talking about Pobst team.  The only way you could improve your car would possibly to get some of Pobst crew members on your team, you know the crew members that mainly did their work on the roof.

wink

heh. so the SHO-based drivers could have a "StripSHO" theme? smile