Re: Blog trashes our car, rips Lemons

Serj wrote:
BoB wrote:

Talking about Pobst team.  The only way you could improve your car would possibly to get some of Pobst crew members on your team, you know the crew members that mainly did their work on the roof.

wink

heh. so the SHO-based drivers could have a "StripSHO" theme? smile

Probably better than calling it a PoleSHO.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

As a Geo Metro driver, I am offended.  (although our's is stock)

As a racing enthusiast, I am offended.

As an engineering geek, I am offended.

What a toolbag.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

The nice part is, no one will ask him to be on their team.  And we will never have to hear from him again.  What an a-hole.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

maybe someone should ask him to be on their team. He seems underprivileged. Oh that's not the word I'm looking for. What is it...

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Serj wrote:
BoB wrote:

Talking about Pobst team.  The only way you could improve your car would possibly to get some of Pobst crew members on your team, you know the crew members that mainly did their work on the roof.

wink

DING DING DING DING.... and we have a winner!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

As a MetSHO member, this car was probably going to sit at my parents farm and collect dust, to be talked about over beer and receive a fleeting glance while home for Thanksgiving, and other holidays. Then this happened. Other cars need to their Lemons cherry broke, but the MetSHO might need to shake the dust off, and see the likes of other events in the interum. Will he change his mind on his stance? No. Will anyone really care? No. Will it be awesome whatever we do? Hellz yes.

PS-Every weekend atleast one of our team members will get a call/text, "Dude, I need to work on something, I'm bored. What can we build?"

artificial-initiation wrote:

PS-Every weekend atleast one of our team members will get a call/text, "Dude, I need to work on something, I'm bored. What can we build?"

Wow, that is so NOT like my team.  sad

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

^^ This car was our life for a large chunk of time. Crab and his brother sacrificing the most for it, but we all spent many bloodied knuckles around it. Custom fabbing mower blades and forgoten oods and ends onto this car until 1am became routine. It was truely what can we do with what we have available, and reading "enthousists" write up, seeing poor uninspired people marring around the office, makes me want to build more and more unique things. I'm only 25, this was my first race (aside from 2 drift events). I don't want to be 26 and suck at life.

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Me too. Only two locals even race with me, and they've been absent for a while...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

Me too. Only two locals even race with me, and they've been absent for a while...

You know if I lived less than 900 miles away I'd be up there more often. neutral

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I know, Ron. I know.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

He lost me by bad-mouthing the magnificent Deux Cheveaux (lets see YOUR car carry a basket of eggs across a plowed field without breaking any of them) but out of sheer morbid curiosity I looked around some more of his blog.  Check out the SHO-engined MGB he drools over.  First, he takes pains to explain that it's an "early (non-rubber bumper) MGB," as if he'd need to explain the whole rubber/ chrome bumper timeline to anyone with even a passing interest in cars.  He seems really impressed with the execution of this car.  Then he shows a picture of the dashboard, which is covered in carpet.

Oh, and that's an MGC hood, douchebag.

Armand4 wrote:

..."SHO-engined MGB. First, he takes pains to explain that it's an "early (non-rubber bumper) MGB"

What!?!? He also berates Zombies, that @#$%& devil-spawn... Ok, now I'm triply offended.

And the MGB has the wrong turn signal lenses. (Spits on ground and stomps feet.)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

DC Doug wrote:
Serj wrote:
BoB wrote:

wink

If any of us SHO Teams had enough money, we might could pull this theme off.  But, we don't, and are sorely lacking in the scantily clad female dept.

Applications are being taken, however!  ;-)

Team SHOtime.  Mad Max Interceptor Taurus SHO

40 (edited by sergio 2010-12-07 11:32 AM)

Maybe we need some sponsorship Rick's cabere, or Treasure Island.

How about Treasure's in the Galleria area?  Or the Penthouse Club on Westheimer?  I'm sure you could find someone in Houston both trashy and insane enough to put a strip club name on a LeMon.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Wildstar wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
Serj wrote:

If any of us SHO Teams had enough money, we might could pull this theme off.  But, we don't, and are sorely lacking in the scantily clad female dept.

There is an easy way around the scantily clad female dept, but I really doubt anyone would want to see most teams doing a Chipndales theme.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
Wildstar wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

There is an easy way around the scantily clad female dept, but I really doubt anyone would want to see most teams doing a Chipndales theme.

http://www.placesidratherbe.com/Chip%20and%20Dale.JPG

Furries?

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

pennintj wrote:
BoB wrote:
Wildstar wrote:

Furries?

-=Tom

I laughed so hard I spit tea on my screen. big_smile

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

45 (edited by fabtoys 2010-12-07 02:16 PM)

That guy doesn't understand Lemons he is an Arse.

I went to a trackday in my HUMMERHONDA At Thunderhill
.At the meetup dinner night before some a-hole with his NASA shirt on was asking what I drove .I was wearing my Staff Lemons shirt . I said a honda Civic.
  He asked "You race Lemons ?"
I said " Yep done 10 of them "
. He replied " That's not real Racing "
So me being 6'4" 300lbs and him a 140 lb fly .
I ASked "Have you done one ?'
He said "No "
I said "Shut the F@#$ up about it if you haven't done "
He was standing there shocked
I said " What you race ?"
He said "nothing I'm an instructor I do trackdays"
So I asked "Have you ever gone into turn 2 4 cars wide before?"
He said "no that's crazy !"
I said "Guess you wouldn't like Lemons then not real racing!"

So Trackday is happened said jackass is in my drive group in a 09 Miata and I held him off 9 laps til I let him pass and then was 1 ft off his rear bumper .

Session over he came over and couldn't believe my HUMMERHONDA was that good .

I really chaps My hide when these  SCCA and NASA drivers talk shit and never done it.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

pennintj wrote:
BoB wrote:
Wildstar wrote:

Furries?

-=Tom

Hahaha....you win the internetz for a day

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

I can easily say, none of our guys would want anything to do with Chipndale Dancers.  I won't comment on Chip and Dale, however.

I had a conversation before the 24 NO race with a guy who is a team manager for a Porsche team around here.  He as non-plussed with my Lemons racing stories(but not an a-hole about it), until I mentioned that we were about to embark on a 24 hour race.  That got his attention.  He well understood the logistical challenge that kind of race is, no matter what you are running.

Team SHOtime.  Mad Max Interceptor Taurus SHO

fabtoys wrote:

.At the meetup dinner night before some a-hole with his NASA shirt on was asking what I drove .I was wearing my Staff Lemons shirt . I said a honda Civic.
He said "No "

So Trackday is happened said jackass is in my drive group in a 09 Miata and I held him off 9 laps til I let him pass and then was 1 ft off his rear bumper .

I really chaps My hide when these  SCCA and NASA drivers talk shit and never done it.

necessito track video pronto wink

there is a certain amount of freedom and innovation to running a Lemons race, especially in the crazy engine swaps and traffic handling arena that i absolutely adore.

fabtoys wrote:

He said "No "

Just remember that was NORCAL NASA not us Lemons racing SOCAL NASA fun guys. If i run into him next season i will put my 6.5 350lbs in front of him and ask him if his attitude has changed. I bet it has smile

Mighty Big Pendejo

Pendejo wrote:
fabtoys wrote:

He said "No "

Just remember that was NORCAL NASA not us Lemons racing SOCAL NASA fun guys. If i run into him next season i will put my 6.5 350lbs in front of him and ask him if his attitude has changed. I bet it has smile

Mighty Big Pendejo

Please! Please!  Video this encounter when it happens. I just hate these tyoe of guys with their attitudes. Then when they do try a Lemons race the cry about the BF's they get for driving like it's NASA or SCCA. Then they go back to their world and bitch to all about how crappy Lemons is.