Re: Blog trashes our car, rips Lemons

Maybe its the whole Midwest thing but for the most part I haven't gotten that attitude from the SCCA people I've met.  I don't think most were looking to race but they didn't look down on any of us for doing thing.  The only thing negative I heard was when I was buying the cutoff switch, and then it wasn't about Lemons as a sport but that the guy had driven at one of the earlier events and that with the rules expanding that he felt they were pricing themselves out of being a really cheap racing series, and instead of spending all that money for Lemons he would rather spend it on his fiat that he races in SCCA.

It might be that there aren't the number of tracks and events around here so they are happy to add any race and people to the racing community anyway they can.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've found that in general people are just ignorant about the series.  When I explain it in more detail there is usually some interest generated in either going to watch or actually entering an event.

I'm not sure how one defines what isn't 'real racing' anyway?  People race everything from dog sleds to cockroaches for pete's sake. 

No offense to any NASA spec racers out there, but there is a difference between racing on a two-mile track against 10 cars and racing on a one-mile track against 100+.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

He says, "Silly and unprofessional."  To which I say, "So like, uh, what's your point?"  And what the f**k is this guys name anyway?

To the uninitiated, if you say you are racing such and such whether SCCA, NASA, NHRA, or IMDA, their eyes begin glazing after the second sentence.  When you talk about Lemons, their eyes light up and somehow it connects with them.  Universally the conversation contains some variation of, "That sounds so fun!"  It might be that pretty much all other racing is based on an esoteric rule set that requires a steep learning curve in multiple automotive systems.  But with this, everyone understands $500.  Everybody.  Except of course, many of the competitors.  smile

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing