Topic: Paddock Pass for $20, what about a Pit Pass?

Hello Lemons Forum,

I am a new member smile Bit of background, we have been building a 1988 Toyota MR2 since earlier this summer and we were planning on entering the Arse-Freeze-Apalooza (Buttonwillow) event but we fell waaaay behind schedule and decided to wait to apply for the Sears Pointless event next March.

So now on to the present:
Even though we didn't make it into the event this Dec, we for SURE want to attend to see how the inspections go down, check out other cars, meet other teams, etcetera. Also, we have a few members on our team who just feel like the project is dragging on and on and I know that if they go to an event they will get a serious motivation boost.

No one on the team has ever been to a Lemons event, including myself. So this will be our first time smile

Sorry for all the chit chat, here is My Question: I see it is $20 for a Paddock Pass. What about a Pit Pass? We want to go to Buttonwillow on Friday afternoon to watch the inspections. How much will this cost per person? Also, if we go up on Saturday morning, is there a Pit Pass so we can meet other drivers/teams?

Thank you very much!
Regards,
BigMike

Re: Paddock Pass for $20, what about a Pit Pass?

A Paddock pass is a pit pass.  It basically gives you access to every part of the venue but the actual race course (which requires a driver arm band).

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com

I"m not sure the deal for friday though.  You might have to call the track to find out.  I bleieve they typically don't charge anyone for friday but they might make you sign a waiver so you can't sue them.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Ah, eggcellent! Thank you very much David! We can't wait to check out all the madness!!

BigMike

The only difference between a "pit pass" and a paddock pass at Lemons is that your non-driving crew who are going to work on the car need a "pit pass," which is $75 for the weekend.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

The only difference between a "pit pass" and a paddock pass at Lemons is that your non-driving crew who are going to work on the car need a "pit pass," which is $75 for the weekend.

And if you want to be a pit crew member, your name has to be on the registration list. A normal spectator pass doesn't require pre-registration.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

BoB wrote:

I"m not sure the deal for friday though.  You might have to call the track to find out.  I bleieve they typically don't charge anyone for friday but they might make you sign a waiver so you can't sue them.

Awesome, thank you for this info!

LTDScott wrote:
Mulry wrote:

And if you want to be a pit crew member, your name has to be on the registration list. A normal spectator pass doesn't require pre-registration.

But seriously, have you ever seen anyone enforce the crew member vs pit pass regulation?  We've definitely had people with pit passes turn around and help on the car.  Track officials are generally too busy making sure that those on the track don't die to care much about who is wrenching.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

doctawife wrote:

But seriously, have you ever seen anyone enforce the crew member vs pit pass regulation?  We've definitely had people with pit passes turn around and help on the car.  Track officials are generally too busy making sure that those on the track don't die to care much about who is wrenching.

No, but I play by the rules because I'm sure it's Jay's lawyers that are making them. The last thing we want is for someone who isn't supposed to be working on the car get hurt while doing so and causing a legal shit storm.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:
doctawife wrote:

No, but I play by the rules because I'm sure it's Jay's lawyers that are making them. The last thing we want is for someone who isn't supposed to be working on the car get hurt while doing so and causing a legal shit storm.

True. I've just never bothered stopping someone from wrenching because of the color of his/her badge.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Is there any way to get the "sweatshop-made commemorative crap" if I only get a paddock pass?

Cowwan wrote:

Is there any way to get the "sweatshop-made commemorative crap" if I only get a paddock pass?

Yes, they will gladly sell you all the sweatshop-made commemorative crap you want at Lemons HQ.  It is located in a building or tent at each track.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Yes, they will gladly sell you all the sweatshop-made commemorative crap you want at Lemons HQ.  It is located in a building or tent at each track.

Awesome, thanks

You can also get the sweatshop-made commemorative crap via the Lemons Store.

Holy crap! When did that go live?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

Wow!  It's almost like they are organized or something.  Sweet!!!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Wow!  It's almost like they are organized or something.  Sweet!!!

No they just want more of the profit. Greedy bastards.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche