1 (edited by Mulry 2010-11-25 10:47 AM)

Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year, not just because of the social acceptance of gorging oneself on prodigious quantities of foods that would otherwise qualify as "poor food choices" the rest of the year. But also because it's a good day of reflection about the blessings in our lives. And football.

That said, I wanted to wish everyone on the forum a happy Thanksgiving. Lemons has brought me a lot of joy the past couple of years. And a lot of heartbreak, but more joy. Even joy from heartbreak -- I'm sure the Germans have a pithy word for that experience -- and I know that's the same for an awful lot of you here.

As an aside (in a post that itself may be largely just an aside), one of my 9-year old's friends was over for dinner last night. Her dad raced with us in our very first race in Feb '09 but not since (I think he scared himself in the car), and Sophie asked me if we were going to race again next year in "the clown car." She was met with a chortle from pretty much everyone around the table, as well as a "of course, Sophie. Only it won't be a clown car next year." Everybody in my family knows that Lemons is here to stay. It's like a venereal disease; you can't get rid of it, sometimes it just flares up more than others. (Yes, I just compared Lemons to VD as a positive thing. You and I both know that Jay & crew would look upon that comparison favorably. We're all sick, but at least we're together.)

Anyway, for and to my extended Lemons family, I'm giving thanks for Lemons and for y'all today, among other things. Cheers and happy turkey day.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

Mulry wrote:

Even joy from heartbreak -- I'm sure the Germans have a pithy word for that experience -- and I know that's the same for an awful lot of you here.

I believe that would be "Färfrümwinning", at least from our POV...

Right back at'cha Mulry, it was great racing with you (and the others) this year, hope to do more in '11!

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I give thanks for the countless blessings God has bestowed on my wife and I. We have more than we need or deserve, and we're blessed beyond measure.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. I was just wondering if i was the only guy abandoning the family in the other room to see what is happening in Lemons Land.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. I was just wondering if i was the only guy abandoning the family in the other room to see what is happening in Lemons Land.

You're not the only one - us damned foreigners are deviating from local tradition to have a footer about on the interwebs too.

But, in the spirit of the holiday, I'm grateful to all involved with Lemons and for the opportunity to bump wheels with all you fine people smile

Pulp Friction #333 - Overall & Class 'A' winners of the 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lap of Shame - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U2S-cRd3U

Speedycop wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I give thanks for the countless blessings God has bestowed on my wife and I. We have more than we need or deserve, and we're blessed beyond measure.

+1
Dave

It Ain't My Fault

Happy Thanksgiving!

My family just left, but the wife's family is still here, so I took the opportunity to break away for a while. tongue

2 smoked turkeys (used a whole bag of charcoal and ten small logs)
2 pans of stuffing
1 huge pot of mashed potatoes
3 bowls of cranberries
a wide assortment of veggies
not enough rolls
8 pies

Wonderful time!

8 (edited by Doug I 2010-11-25 08:08 PM)

So Erik - what did the family have ? tongue

The veggies. I didn't leave much!

Actually, I can say I sampled 6 of the pies. I ate a bit of turkey while I was carving it and then ate more for lunch and dinner. I ate as much as I could of everything that I liked and still passed on about half of it. I'm not a big guy (I weigh 165lbs), but I certainly packed away some serious food today.

Gobble-Gobble to you all from the Killer ZomBees!

I'm deep in the middle of a food-coma, about to give thanks to my couch. See yall in Buttonwillow!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.