Re: Kielbasa Kids Civic wins, Alfas come in 2nd, 3rd, 4th!

Speedycop

I was not putting down your car at all. You guys did great with a not-race like car. I like the idea of using  a car that is not made for racing.  That was some of the reason we went with the Civic sedan, that car should not be on any race track. And we got 23mpg while at race speed.

I have owned a Mustang that had mods done to it, putting 300hp to the wheels.  My friend(who was the one who talked me into using the Honda) owned a Honda CRX, that car hang with my Mustang in a drag race. I was pissed that a 4 banger could beat my V8 off the line..

I went thru the Honda and Ford mystery about 6 years ago. I understand what you are going thru. If you have not taking a CRX or Integra for a test drive, you will be impressed what half the weight and front wheel drive gets you.

Good luck with the future races. It took us till the second race to find your stride.

These races are great, when do you get to see Volvos, BMW, Civics, MarkVIII and Alpha on the same track.....

Kielbasa Kids
89 Honda Civic

HondaPowered wrote:

I like the sausage guys!!!

Nic, we did  hand out kielbasa sandwiches to the tech guys. Are you telling me you and Jay did not a kielbasa sandwich!!!!! We also had a grill bolted to the exhaust, we were grilling kielbasa going thru tech.

We may work on the theme alittle.

Honda lawnmover maybe..........

Yes.  All true, his is a pic my girlfriend took:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t271/Surferjer/Stafford%202009/24hoursofLemons006.jpg

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Ok Goes to show sometimes you need to take a closer look... While not super visible or over the top, that is freekin awesome!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Thats great!!

I did not grab a pic of that, thanks alot!!

Kielbasa Kids
89 Honda Civic

no problem.  nice racing, pleasure to share a track with you guys. 

Craptation/FX16 owner

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)