Topic: Rear track of the Jag XJ6 IRS?

Hi gang

I've been looking, and I keep finding different track widths for the Jag XJ6 rear end.  Some show 58", others 63.5".  I -think- the narrower width is actually the 60s S type. 

Any experts want to help out?

Thanks

Re: Rear track of the Jag XJ6 IRS?

You need to talk to Cadillac Bob, who put a Jag XJ6 rear suspension in his Lemons Marlin. Email me for his contact info.

just wait for OMGuar to show up. he'll tell you, and tell you good!

Serj wrote:

just wait for OMGuar to show up. he'll tell you, and tell you good!

And then contradict himself in a later, longer post!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Now, play nice kiddos!  :-P

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

If I remember this evening, I'll get out the tape measure and get you the wheel-to-wheel distance. No guarantees about me being able to remember though.

I measured 52" shoving the tape measure between the tires through a pile of leaves in the dark. With 4.5" of backspacing (IIRC) that would equate to about 61" hub-to-hub. Since the brakes are on the pumpkin, you have plenty of room for backspacing on the hubs. I've heard that 17x9 Corvette wheels with 6.75" of backspacing can fit on an XJ6, but I haven't verified it yet.

Great!  Thanks for that, very appreciated.