Topic: Team Farfrumwinnin's Result....

What an event! 

I have to say thanks to everyone, especially Jay, Nick, and all the other teams, and the officials for a great event.  We definitely had a blast and made some great new friends. 

Our performance in the event was better and worse than we expected.  Better cause wow the car was like way faster than we thought it would be.  Worse because with the removal of the nascar turn 4 chicane we totally didn't have enough brakes which ultimately parked us for 3 hours total, on top of that the penalties parked us for another hour or so.  The final nail is that we have to replace basically the whole brake system and we also think we cracked the left side front subframe. 

BUT we got the car back on track and were able to take the checkered flag and I think I did an admirable job getting out of the way of the people who were still really racing.  As well I think everyone appreciated my black flag victory lap hehehe.  My team said the roar of the crowd was as loud or louder for me than the winner!  And that drive through the pits with the crowd around was super exciting.  I know Jay and the officials enjoyed it.  Oh and I am sorry for the smokescreens for the first 30 or so laps of the race, we were a bit overfilled with oil because of a pan leak, so when we would hit 6 grand it would totally just cook the oil.  Made for some really funny shots, I know Nick got a good one I haven't seen yet.  I thought I tanked the motor, but it kept pulling LOL.

The reason for the black flag was the fact we probably got 20 of them in total, including one of our drivers getting 7 in a row and the flagger stopping the race to remove us from the track hehehe.  The problem was and that we dont agree with is that we were getting wheels off black flags for basically apexing the turns too tight.  I understand wheels off black flags but if this were a proper road course there would be curbs there and it wouldn't be wheels off.  We aren't asking for a change in the rules, but a little more leniency would make things a lot more fun and less frustrating.  The judges that dealt with us definitely know how frustrated we got and eventually lightened up.  I dare say we even may have even been able to get more life out of our brakes since we wouldn't have had to brake so hard for turn 1/2.  Many of the drivers on my team are experienced and fast roadracers so it is REALLY hard to change instinct.  I KNOW from the comments we got everyone enjoyed the fact our car lifted the inside rear tire around turns 1 and 2 every time and sometimes in other places as well.   jalopnik has a shot with about a foot of air underneath!

In the end it was a minor blemish in a fun weekend.  We want to thank Rob and the Schumacher Taxi service for installing our cage and being there for support.  The Pimpala team for being fun cool guys, we felt bad you got the curse, and worse that someone took the douche of the year award from the miata guys who ran from the curse by slicing your harnesses in half.  Also the Dentonators, we had a great time at the Japanese restaurant Saturday night, I mean you couldn't make that up with the owner bouncing around all drunk and stuff.  Great stuff!

We also must give a great big thank you to Fraulein Pam, my lovely girlfriend.  The outfit and everything was her idea and she played the part perfectly, and definitely kept us out of the penalty box for far longer since the officials loved her and the Warsteiners she served in custom Farfrumwinnin Beer steins.  You can become a fan of her on Facebook at :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … 176?ref=mf

Incidentally if you want to support the team and get any of your own Steins, Mugs, T-shirts, hats or even Thongs you can at http://www.cafepress.com/farfrumwinnin .  She definitely enjoyed all the compliments and everything from everyone.  Everybody was a complete gentleman to her which is really commendable at this event and shows the kind of friendship and respect that goes on at Lemons. 

I have to say that we will definitely be looking to bring the Farfrumwinnin Fox back for another event (and we would LOVE one at NJMP), however we may not have the time to fix everything and get something going this year, but next year we will definitely be back. 

Heres our event photos, obviously quite a bit biased towards us, but I think they are pretty good, we also added some we found on flickr and other places here as well to fill in holes we didn't have shots of.  If you see a photo you took and want it gone just send me a message and I will do it immediately.

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/55/555/7/56/27/2020756270059037032TEXmdt_th.jpg

Thanks again everyone!  Lookin forward to the next event!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

2 (edited by RobL 2009-07-13 05:27 PM)

Re: Team Farfrumwinnin's Result....

Not quite understanding how you didn't get the Al Gore penalty.  I walked down from the bleachers to get ready to throw some tofu.

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/74/174/6/98/18/2283698180059037032IOMzoe_th.jpg

You guys are welcome for the cage and I'm glad you took everything in stride.  How you got Fraulein Pam to stay in costume around 500 testosterone poisoned males is beyond me.   You guys being parked across from us was, um, distracting...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

Not quite understanding how you didn't get the Al Gore penalty.  I walked down from the bleachers to get ready to throw some tofu.

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/74/174/6/ … zoe_th.jpg

You guys are welcome for the cage and I'm glad you took everything in stride.  How you got Fraulein Pam to stay in costume around 500 testosterone poisoned males is beyond me.   You guys being parked across from us was, um, distracting...

Man now I wish we got a penalty for that, would have been hilarious to be pelted with tofu!!

4 (edited by Jer 2009-07-14 05:39 AM)

20 black flags?!?!  I think I now know why you got parked for 2 hours once LOL.   

I know you weren't happy about the chicane not being there, but I can tell you that you were probably the only one.  That chicane last year sucked! 

We went through a car and a half, still hoping to fix the coROLLa in time for SC in September.  Should know today.  It was hella fun anyway, I'm working up some video footage. 

Yes, thank Pam from all of us.  My girlfriend wasn't real happy about my eyes drifting, but wtf am I supposed to do...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

I know you weren't happy about the chicane not being there, but I can tell you that you were probably the only one.  That chicane last year sucked!

Losing the chicane on the front straight transformed the race from a suck-fest last year (for my old team, anyway) to a giant ball of fun this year (with a new team - Vermont Cow Tippers)

I was on the fence about coming back this year because of that stupid chicane.  I'm very pleased it was gone.

Jer wrote:

20 black flags?!?!  I think I now know why you got parked for 2 hours once LOL.   

We went through a car and a half, still hoping to fix the coROLLa in time for SC in September.  Should know today.  It was hella fun anyway, I'm working up some video footage. 

Yes, thank Pam from all of us.  My girlfriend wasn't real happy about my eyes drifting, but wtf am I supposed to do...

Ohh don't get me wrong, we HIGHLY enjoyed the fact the chicane wasn't there it definitely made for a more fun and fast race.  The problem was not being prepared for it... Oh well who knew? 

You guys were heroic with trying to fix the Craptation, and that CoROLLa sure does boogie when its out there. 

Haha I'll let her know her fan club expands, she already has 12 fans on facebook lol.

brownMINI wrote:
Jer wrote:

Losing the chicane on the front straight transformed the race from a suck-fest last year (for my old team, anyway) to a giant ball of fun this year (with a new team - Vermont Cow Tippers)

I was on the fence about coming back this year because of that stupid chicane.  I'm very pleased it was gone.

The first thing I thought racing around the track was

"I am chasing a car that looks like a dead cow.... this is frikkin awesome!"

8 (edited by UDMan 2009-07-14 06:56 AM)

brownMINI wrote:
Jer wrote:

Little did you guys know, but there really was a chicane in the race, albeit a rolling chicane thanks to us. I looked at the results, and wonder of wonders, we were the slowest car out there, even slower than the Peugeot that crapped out.

Hey, it's always interesting getting around a slow car, especially with the handling characteristics of our crap heap.

UDMan wrote:
brownMINI wrote:
Jer wrote:

Little did you guys know, but there really was a chicane in the race, albeit a rolling chicane thanks to us. I looked at the results, and wonder of wonders, we were the slowest car out there, even slower than the Peugeot that crapped out.

Hey, it's always interesting getting around a slow car, especially with the handling characteristics of our crap heap.

Yeah but you guys drove exactly like a slower car should, held your line and were great (plus just looking at your car we knew what to expect in a hard corner, LOL) .  And in the end you survived way better than almost everyone else!  Thats what endurance racing is all about!

Hey guys, was awesome how hard you guys worked on the car. Never letting up to get her back out there. At the end of the last day, I was shocked to see the Fox out there turning in some great times. Very nice driving.

On the curse. We didnt like that green tank but didnt vote for them. I was in the car yanking out the heater controls when I saw this shifty looking guy hope in, cut the harnesses and bolt out. That was pretty freakin low if you ask me. What a jerk!

Team Victors of War (those idiots in the wife-beaters and white pants)

WINWAR wrote:

Hey guys, was awesome how hard you guys worked on the car. Never letting up to get her back out there. At the end of the last day, I was shocked to see the Fox out there turning in some great times. Very nice driving.

On the curse. We didnt like that green tank but didnt vote for them. I was in the car yanking out the heater controls when I saw this shifty looking guy hope in, cut the harnesses and bolt out. That was pretty freakin low if you ask me. What a jerk!

Thanks, we had to make up for a 80 HP car with some magic behind the wheel! You guys had a great theme and drove clean, I saw you guys kept that thing going a lot.  I liked the bikes and we appreciated the cool towels! 

PS at the end of the day I had no brakes and was just trying not to get killed lol.

12 (edited by scrowner 2009-07-15 07:23 PM)

RogueLeader wrote:

Oh and I am sorry for the smokescreens for the first 30 or so laps of the race, we were a bit overfilled with oil because of a pan leak, so when we would hit 6 grand it would totally just cook the oil.  Made for some really funny shots, I know Nick got a good one I haven't seen yet.  I thought I tanked the motor, but it kept pulling LOL.

Dude, the first smoke screen engulfed me, a beginner racer, full throttle coming off the banked turn. I seriously thought I was going to die. As I heard in both ears a car engine slightly behind me and I did not know if you had stalled or was still moving. I slightly hit the brakes and moved to the left. (This picture is #29 from the Nick email recently sent. I am dodging to the left of the screen.) Luckily I hit no one. The bad thing is you kept going and I ended up on your damn tail for another lap. I held my breath and hoped that it would not happen again until I got past you! My team mates and I were thinking you rigged the washer tank with oil to squirt on the engine at bad times. Whew, what fun.

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

13 (edited by RogueLeader 2009-07-15 08:29 PM)

scrowner wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Oh and I am sorry for the smokescreens for the first 30 or so laps of the race, we were a bit overfilled with oil because of a pan leak, so when we would hit 6 grand it would totally just cook the oil.  Made for some really funny shots, I know Nick got a good one I haven't seen yet.  I thought I tanked the motor, but it kept pulling LOL.

Dude, the first smoke screen engulfed me, a beginner racer, full throttle coming off the banked turn. I seriously thought I was going to die. As I heard in both ears a car engine slightly behind me and I did not know if you had stalled or was still moving. I slightly hit the brakes and moved to the left. (This picture is #29 from the Nick email recently sent. I am dodging to the left of the screen.) Luckily I hit no one. The bad thing is you kept going and I ended up on your damn tail for another lap. I held my breath and hoped that it would not happen again until I got past you! My team mates and I were thinking you rigged the washer tank with oil to squirt on the engine at bad times. Whew, what fun.

I'm sorry I just laughed my balls off at this.  But I truly am sorry I know I would be shitting myself driving into a smokescreen like that.  We will be draining the oil and ensuring the proper levels before next race, we promise!  This was just a complete accident.  It only happened when the car hit near redline and until we had replaced the exhaust restrictor the day before it wouldn't even pull that high. 

PS I didn't get this email from nick but he had showed me the pic at the track, I am dying to see it, got a link???

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/07/FarfrumwinningFoxSmoke-800px.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/07/23805858802320-11181558.jpg

Yeah, it was a little on the smokey side.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/07/BurningSikorskyHawks-640px.jpg

But the Fox had some competition for the Al Gore (which we've more or less stopped doing, because it's too much of a pain when we forget to get rid of all the perishable Penalty Box props before shipping them back to CA).

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … -640px.jpg

But the Fox had some competition for the Al Gore (which we've more or less stopped doing, because it's too much of a pain when we forget to get rid of all the perishable Penalty Box props before shipping them back to CA).

I think we are behind and to the left in that pic LOL, good thing both cars weren't smoking at the same time!

I can't see scrowner's car in our smokescreen! lol

17 (edited by scrowner 2009-07-16 06:15 AM)

You can see me. I am #22, AFTER I had emerged from the smoke. It all happened in about 2 seconds of time. Whew. It really prepared me more for the rest of the race to "be ready" and look more ahead of where I was driving. No problems, I survived and it gave me one good story to tell.

The pic is #29 here:
http://www.fox61.com/news/wtic-lemon-07 … otogallery

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

18 (edited by RogueLeader 2009-07-16 06:41 AM)

scrowner wrote:

You can see me. I am #22, AFTER I had emerged from the smoke. It all happened in about 2 seconds of time. Whew. It really prepared me more for the rest of the race to "be ready" and look more ahead of where I was driving. No problems, I survived and it gave me one good story to tell.

The pic is #29 here:
http://www.fox61.com/news/wtic-lemon-07 … otogallery

Ah ok, Nick has another picture he showed me on his camera where all you can see is the corner of someones bumper in the smoke, LOL.  I emailed him to try and get a copy. 

Yeah looking ahead is one of the first things you learn in racing school, and while in a normal race you need to look ahead for spins and wrecks, and of cours the next couple corners to prepare yourself, out here you need to be ready for the inevitable explosion.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/07/504x_LNE09-Top-39.jpg

Looks like those roof casters almost got some use.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Do foxes lift their leg to piss?

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

That is the ONLY way to get through turns 1, 2, and 3 quickly smile   

my girlfriend said at one point I had it on 2 wheels... hehehe

23 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-07-16 11:15 AM)

Not just VWs lift their legs to pee... but mostly VWs:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/04/504x_LSS09-02.JPG

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/04/504x_LSS09-16.JPG

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/05/504x_018-17.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/04/504x_LSS09-40.JPG

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/06/504x_LNO09-Top-36y.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/04/504x_LSS09-80.JPG

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2008/07/340x_21-67.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2008/07/340x_46-26.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/03/504x_TopTexans-80.jpg

I am all too familiar with three-wheeling VWs...though non-Lemons
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss221/oneday_js/IMG_6197.jpg

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

TeamDFL wrote:
oneday wrote:

I am all too familiar with three-wheeling VWs...though non-Lemons[/url]

There is no such thing as a non-LeMons car.  It is just a matter of how long until it is Lemons worthy.

As per the officials who saw my new Camaro parked in the paddock... its only a matter of time before that things out there with a number on the side!