Topic: Flame shooting exhaust on e30

Any suggestions on what muffler/flame thrower I should go with on the pimpalicous e30?

I didn't quiet appreciate the germans until I took their car apart, it took two hours instead of the three days for the caddy.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Flame shooting exhaust on e30

Muffler?  Such overkill...

We've run just the smaller center muffler / resonator and straight pipe from there to the rear on the Fiat Abarf 131... sounds good but makes it under the noise bar, farts a nice blip of flame from the pipe upon trailing throttle.  Nice effect at night...

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

We ran a nice dual flamer kit on our E30 at the 24hr race at No Problems in Louisiana - twin coils, twin spark plugs in the tail pipes and a fuel dump from the engine (spark cut-out) to give a nice 2ft flame like a rocket engine from twin cherry bombs. TBH I don't think we need the C.Bombs, but we're noobs and were worried about noise levels at the time.  There's a link to a short video on here somewhere. smile

If you're going this route, be careful, we actually set fire to the red paint on the C.Bombs with the additional heat in the pipes!

Talk to Markdas for more details, he's the engineering guru for our team (Pulp Friction #333).

Steven

Pulp Friction #333 - Overall & Class 'A' winners of the 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lap of Shame - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5U2S-cRd3U

www.eatmyflames.com

It was a bit of over kill, but we had the kit lying around in the garage so decided to throw it on!  Very impressive at night!  Not very impressed collection of wives each time we test it!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

if you want to see the video, www.racing.lmwrealty.com
Click on the video tab. There is a short clip from BS

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John