Topic: battery box question

Sealed battery box. we are running a marine box mounted to the floor. Its solid mounted but they refer to a sealed box.....so do u i have to change what im using now ??

If its not broke fix it till it is...

Re: battery box question

If you flip the car upside down, are battery juices going to pour out and make a mess? If not, ohshit, you have a sealed battery box!

Go grab yourself a sealed battery if you're concerned. Batteries are mentioned in section 3, and therefore are safety items by rule 4.2.1.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

also remember, even if it is in a box, there must be a metal bracket holding the battery to the floor.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Use an AGM battery (Optima yellowtop or redtop or similar).  Then you don't have to worry about sealing the box.

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

If you are going to put the battery in the cockpit use a AGM battery for God's sake! Still have a scare from a AGM type Formula Ford accident 1987 It still can happen!