1 (edited by m610 2010-12-16 08:27 PM)

Topic: Team beenies?

What kind things do people do to keep the spirits up and the team together? Besides providing the beer, Everclear, and strippers, which are obvious.  (Most of our guys don't drink and our newest member is 11 y.o.)

T-shirts and/or hats?
Team photos?
Get together for pizza to review race video, or watch inspirational movies like Rendevous, Bullit, Grand Prix?
Incriminating photos?
Offer to pay for the divorce lawyer?

We do the non-incriminating team photos, and we give autographed ones to local companies that have helped us. Also pizza/video nights at Tinyvette Corporate headquarters (Alan's house). I also made laminated membership cards (business card sized) for the guys last night. It went over well.

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tinyvette/TTVCard-Meier-02.jpg

They don't know it yet, and none of them come on this forum, but I'm making them a Tinyvette 2011 Calendar, complete with the whole 2001 Lemons schedule on it.

Link (20 MB file): http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/tiny … oof-02.pdf

(No it is not an official Lemons calendar. I wish there was one.)

For the build, I take most of the initiative, but they get to take over some projects and get to devise their own. For example, I do electrical, but Zep and Geoff do transmissions. That way we have someone who actually knows something about their part of the car. It comes in handy when the team confronts the get messy job of swapping out a hot tranny during the race.

At the races I give the team a lot of say in how we'll run things. I just want us to complete a lot of laps and with that as a basic goal, they can add their own ideas. Besides, most of them know a lot more about this than I do. Like, I might assign first driver, then they can agree among themselves what the rest of the order will be. Also, everyone gets a radio so we are all in constant contact during the race.

So far no arrive-n-drive team members. Everyone involved so far has had some emotional stake in the outcome.