1 (edited by LTDScott 2010-12-17 08:52 AM)

Topic: I've got a keeper....

I've been with my girlfriend for over three years now. She has supported (or at least tolerated) my addiction called Lemons, and loves coming out to watch me race. She's been the greatest partner I could wish for, and despite my flaws and obsession with cars, she somehow feels the same way about me.

So on Sunday I popped the question and we're now engaged. After getting her the ring, I joked that I was now expecting an engagement supercharger. I was not really expecting anything, but yesterday I came home to a big wrapped box and inside was a pair of tubular control arms for my other project car ('85 Ford LTD LX) that I've been wanting for a long time. She couldn't afford the supercharger but got those instead, and specifically wanted to give them to me now instead of Xmas.

Engagement control arms. I was utterly amazed. Definitely a keeper!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs753.ash1/164414_1619458539911_1639847359_1415208_6150385_n.jpg

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Re: I've got a keeper....

Very cool.  Congrats on the engagement and new parts!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

(wipes away tear) Oh wow, that was beautiful!

CONGRATULATIONS!! To the perfect couple... (raises refreshing beverage in a toast)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

4 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2010-12-17 09:03 AM)

Soon you will be doing family photos.:D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1177.snc4/154975_10150098080685891_101800100890_7683083_4703067_n.jpg

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

haha awesome! 

My stepdaughter let it slip at dinner last night that one of my Christmas presents was still "at Sears".  My wife about choked haha.  Guess I'm getting some tools!!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

How come the guy has a shirt on? huh?? wth?

Team photographer and "sure I'll drive" hanger-on: more races than I ever imagined... MRolla/FX32/Mormon Meteor IV
http://www.facebook.com/StickFigureRacing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkiel/coll … 604631509/
http://www.jkiel.com/

jkfoto wrote:
Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:

How come the guy has a shirt on? huh?? wth?

I'm sorry! I am not the professional Photographer on our Team. Not responsible for content either.:D

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Definitely a keeper.  Congrats!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

That's awesome.  Congrats on your engagement.

Dare you to suggest a Lemons wedding!!

dtfastbear wrote:

That's awesome.  Congrats on your engagement.

Dare you to suggest a Lemons wedding!!

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that part. In the past we had discussed what our hypothetical wedding would be like, and she mentioned that she definitely wants our race car involved. Now that I have proposed, she said that we better get our new theme done before the wedding because she definitely wants it to be there somehow.

She also took my suggestion of having a slot car track at the reception seriously and said we will have to include that in the plans.

What the hell is she doing with me?!

Fantastic!  She is a keeper.  Mine just asks my 6 year old what she should get me at Sears.  We look at the catalogs together.  Good times.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Sweet!!  Congrats, man, it'll be fun.  (And yes, it sounds like she certainly is a keeper!)

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

A Lemons wedding would be spectacular!
After the first race session on Saturday night.

I bet Jay would preside...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Have Jay register as "Justice of the Peace for a Day", which I believe you can do in that county (I did it once in Marin County, and it only cost $25.) and he can do the official thing, too.

I assume you are already registered at Harbor Freight.

Jay is already registered as a priest iirc. He did in-fact preside over a wedding at nelson ledges, and has also married Jonny and Phil. He'd be all for it, I'm sure!

LTDScott wrote:

She also took my suggestion of having a slot car track at the reception seriously and said we will have to include that in the plans.

A Lemons slot car race!   How cool can you get?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

LTDScott wrote:

We've got a dude that does Slot car track on the travel - Scalectrics stuff - he's been to several Mini Meets and sets a mean competition...

...have to convince the g/f it's worthwhile digging up his number for you ;-0

If it's the guy in San Marcos, I already know about him.

Congratulations on the engagement, Scott! Having a partner who actually understands your love of Lemons is a wonderful thing.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Yeah, she sounds like a keeper!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

LTDScott wrote:

What the hell is she doing with me?!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs169.ash2/41604_2209215736_8549_n.jpg

It's a setup. RUN!

Congrats (and alsp sending my Condolences in advance)

Congratulations! My wife supports my racing addiction, but it sounds like your fiance is actively buying the crack!

A couple years after my original wedding, my wife and I crossed paths with a guy offering 24 Hours of Matrimony temporary marriages (in other words, if your significant other has a not-until-we're-married attitude, this lets you do the deed without any long-term commitment; the fake wedding certificate states that it expires after a day).

We decided to have a 24-hour recommitment ceremony.  For my $5, in addition to a two-minute ceremony and that all-important piece of not-permanently-binding paper, we each got to select a wedding ring from an O-ring assortment.

That was about 5 years ago.  My wife STILL puts that stainless O-ring on her finger every morning.  Keep that in mind when you shop for wedding rings that undoubtedly have a comma on the price tag.

Too late for that. The piece of glass and metal that will soon grace her finger is worth more than my daily driver. Although that's more a commentary on the quality of my car than her ring, heh.

So, ah, does she have a sister?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1