Re: Bat-sChIT(ROËN)-Crazy?

Drove straight through? What do we call him, brave, stupid, or Bat schitr(roen) crazy?

We once drove straight through from South Carolina to Texas. That was tough enough in a 2001 Grand Prix hauling along at 75 mph, much less a little Citroen.

Lets hope that Louisiana's shitty section of I-10 doesn't rattle anything loose, it's not a good highway.

Sent him a text offering free lunch in Baton Rouge if he stops ...... he may, or may not.  Will find out closer if he wants to.  He'll be passing within 150 yards of my office.  Might try for a pic of him on the road if I know when he's in the area.

128 (edited by Speedycop 2010-12-28 08:41 AM)

Go Spank Go!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Assumed you flat tow a parts car whenever driving through Texas (based on what I've witnessed in TX).  What sort of spares package does one carry on a trip like this?

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

AAA & Visa cards

and a list of phone numbers smile

This is the Lemons' version of a lunar landing.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Doug I wrote:

Sent him a text offering free lunch in Baton Rouge if he stops ...... he may, or may not.  Will find out closer if he wants to.  He'll be passing within 150 yards of my office.  Might try for a pic of him on the road if I know when he's in the area.

Drive along side him, and hand it through the window!

the ultimate drive-through LOL

actually ..... as he's doing ~60 ... and I have a convertible ...... what could possibly go wrong?

towerymt wrote:

Assumed you flat tow a parts car whenever driving through Texas (based on what I've witnessed in TX).  What sort of spares package does one carry on a trip like this?

those were probably cars for "export"
a $1000 car here can be financed for $5000 in Mexico.
Generally, a car dealer will buy 2 cars, and flat tow them home, then take a bus ride back with the draw bar as his luggage.

just wait till you see the 3 car flat tow road train.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Just got a text from Spank. He's crossing the Henderson Swamp.

make sure he knows to take i12, not i10 through New Orleans

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'm meeting him for a gas/lunch gobble.  He now knows about the 10/12 split smile

so does he get credit for these miles? he is driving the race car after all.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Yea, do the judges ever give positive laps?  Always with those negative vibes...

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

Calling this voyage "epic" does an injustice to the voyage. He's about one angry sea god away from being able to call this trip an Odyssey...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I've been watching this thread since Spank started this trip and it's made me want to get into Lemons. I love how everyone looks out for each other.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

I've been watching this thread since Spank started this trip and it's made me want to get into Lemons. I love how everyone looks out for each other.

We only look out for the truly insane ones. After all, we're worried that they'll get arrested/committed/hospitalized with Lemons logos all over them, which will spurn the lawyers and insurance jockeys to come have us shut down tongue

That being said, I whole-heartedly endorse and welcome another nutjob into the fold big_smile

Spank, you hear that? Mulry sez you need a Giant, Angry Sea God attached to your Citroen!

Go, Spank, Go!

144 (edited by Doug I 2010-12-28 10:59 AM)

Spank is through Baton Rouge.  ETA Orlando/Kissimmee around mid-night.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/Doug_I/SpankinLouisiana1.jpg

and

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/Doug_I/SpankinLouisiana2.jpg

All was good at the gas stop.  Water leak wasn't bad, and the repair is holding (hood prop - not so much lol wink ).  Heater works too well.

Genuinely put a smile on my face. Glad to see someone caught up with him finally!

I know the word is overused, but this truly is epic.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

I have been riveted to the forum watching Spank's progress. Fantastic! Now I know why he made the trek...so he could purchase gas for under $3.00! $2.87 a gallon, I think it was last century we saw that price in California!

Can hardly wait to see the sChITreon truck for another 24 hours on the racetrack. That will be like a walk in the park after the cross country marathon.

Go Spank.

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

I have to share this... I posted a link to Murilee's coverage of this on another automotive message board I frequent. Someone there asked, "Where would you find a new water pump for an old Citroen?"

Someone replied, "Pepe Boys."

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

^^^ Now THAT'S funny.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

LTDScott wrote:

"Pepe Boys."

I'd be scared of that build quality.