Topic: roll cage kits

We are a brand new team and building a car for 2011. Saw some roll cage kits at www.rollcagecomponents.com

Does anybody know about them? Ever seen their work?

Just wanted to reach out, we want to do this on the cheap; but more importantly, get it done right.

Thanks,

Re: roll cage kits

Quiz them on the rules, do your due diligence before you buy and have a very good welder (both the person and the machine) lined up...   

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

hankster wrote:

We are a brand new team and building a car for 2011. Saw some roll cage kits at www.rollcagecomponents.com

Does anybody know about them? Ever seen their work?

Just wanted to reach out, we want to do this on the cheap; but more importantly, get it done right.

Thanks,

A few of us here have stuff from these guys.  My team, Speedycop, Grim Reaper, and others to name a few.  They do good work, but as with most weld-in cages, expect some modifications to make it work.  Translation, if you have no skill in cutting, fitting, and welding tubing, let them do it all for you or find someone who does because none of DIY stuff is plug-n-play.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I had Jim at RCC build mine. Nissan 240SX. it definitely was a chore welding it in. We are fairly skilled in metal fab, but lacked some of the better tools for this. Are you located near Richmond? I hauled my car down there and he and I fitted everything in the car. he really took the time to work with me and get us what we need. His cages generally exceed minimum requirements too. He is definitely up to speed on Lemons rules (at least he was for 2010s rules). good luck

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

We're in Kansas City, so its all mail order.

I'm leaning toward having them bend one for us, the car is a bmw e 36.

We got it with the interior totally rotted out from sitting outside with the windows rolled down for a year.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

How about Izzy's in St. Louis?

http://www.izzyscustomcages.com/

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

We went with a mail order cage from S&W Race Parts and the bends were nicely done.  Like nearly any pre fab cage, it needed some trimming to fit exactly as I wanted.

I'm in KC as well so if you'd like any help with the fabricating, I'm more than willing to lend a hand.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

rollcagecomponents did a nice job bending our cage.  he even went to a junkyard to double check dimensions.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!