Topic: SF Bay area - Wide seat, test fit

A call out to the SF bay area 24 HoL teams. Preferably Peninsula or East bay. Anybody have the following seats installed or available to test fit one of our drivers??

Corbeau Forza wide, maybe standard (so we can eliminate that as a possibility)
Corbeau FX1 standard or wide
Sparco Evo, Evo PLus, Evo Plus 2, Evo Plus 3?
Kirky 17.5" wide or maybe 15.5" wide
Momo Acropolis XL

We have one driver 6'5" 265 to fit into a seat. Then we'll figure out how to get him 2" below the outer roll bar plane.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Re: SF Bay area - Wide seat, test fit

You can go to Wine Country Motorsports in Sonoma and test fit all of those models in their store.

707-935-RACE

( tell 'em trekkor sent you wink  )

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

If you're in SacTown I have a Kirkey 17 and an 18, one in a Mini and the other in a Bug. Or you can come out on a weekend.

mackwagon wrote:

Sparco Evo, Evo PLus, Evo Plus 2, Evo Plus 3?

We have one driver 6'5" 265 to fit into a seat. Then we'll figure out how to get him 2" below the outer roll bar plane.

One of my friends is about that size, a little shorter, a little heavier, but just big.  He sits ON a sparco evo, not in it.  He was going to use an evo3 in one of this cars.  I think you'll need an evo 2 at least, maybe a 3.  or something similiarly wide.

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

I'm 6'2 and 265, most of it in the shoulders. The 17" Kirkey is fantastic. the 18 is a bit wide but not much.

I am in the North bay and have a Cobra Imola GT that you can try out

1967 Volvo 122s IOE and C class winner with the transplanted heart of the 1800
1971 Volvo 1800 IOE winner! Killed by a k wall
1984 Volvo 245  Angela Lansbury *sold
Established 2011

i have an 18" kirkey with the seat pad. I'm heavier and shorter, and I think the seat's great with the pad installed. I've actually street driven our car to 2 races (and back!) plus have done stints over 3hours. if the guy needs to shop big n' tall for his pants He'd probably be best served in one. just about everything else in the 'fat boy' category is incredibly expensive.

Serj wrote:

i have an 18" kirkey with the seat pad. I'm heavier and shorter, and I think the seat's great with the pad installed. I've actually street driven our car to 2 races (and back!) plus have done stints over 3hours. if the guy needs to shop big n' tall for his pants He'd probably be best served in one. just about everything else in the 'fat boy' category is incredibly expensive.

Chris,

After having belted you in a couple times (NOLA), I know he's not as big around as you. So the previous post about the 265 lbs into the 17" is probably on the mark. Thanks for the info, it helps narrow the field.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

I have a Racetech Wide in the 928...its 16.5" wide.....One of my drivers is 6-1 300lbs...he can fit in it, but its not super comfy for him...he has a 17" wide Kirkey in his racer and loves it

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2