Topic: I Have a Full Face Helmet, It Doesn't Take a Visor ... Legal to Use?

It’s a Bell something? that has a much wider eyeport area, but there’s no visor system for it. SA 2000 so that part is covered. Legal if no visor? Thx.

BARBIE MUST WIN Racing!
BMW 6 Series ... "All Bitched Out!"

Re: I Have a Full Face Helmet, It Doesn't Take a Visor ... Legal to Use?

no needs visor, and sa2000 isn't legal anymore

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Sorry to break it to you, but your helmet will fail tech under the 2011 rules. It's gotta be SA2005 or newer, and it has to have a working visor:

3.4: Driver's Helmet: Undamaged, full-face Type SA helmet, Snell SA2005 or better, mandatory.  FIA 8860-2000 certification is also acceptable. No open-face or hybrid helmets allowed. Complete, closable, working visors must be intact and in place.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Yeah, I just saw this (wasn't back to the forum awhile).  Guess I have an excuse to upgrade now.

BARBIE MUST WIN Racing!
BMW 6 Series ... "All Bitched Out!"

And there was a guy that was a total dick to the judges last year with a helmet at summit that didn't have a visor.  No, it was not our team.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

And there was a guy that was a total dick to the judges last year with a helmet at summit that didn't have a visor.  No, it was not our team.

I think I know who you're talking about, he was on the team pitted next to us. As I recall he had just bought it and was livid that it wouldn't pass tech.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

PunisherBass wrote:
bigds01 wrote:

I think I know who you're talking about, he was on the team pitted next to us. As I recall he had just bought it and was livid that it wouldn't pass tech.

nothing like reading the rules first.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11