Topic: How do we make sure we get in?!

Hey folks! My names Dan and I'm a car-o-holic.

I and some chaps from the Grass Roots forum have joined forces (much like the wonder twins, just less cool with no spandex and there are more of us) in order to try and put together a Lemons team!

We have the car and have started whipping it up to spec and are all on a steady diet of Wheaties and PBR in hopes of being ready to enter the April 16-17th CAMPAIGN TO PREVENT GINGERVITIS at Gingerman in Michigan!

We have done the little bits of internet stuff we need to get the ball rolling and now we wait to see if we are accepted.

In honor of the long standing traditions of honor and justice in the land of Lemons, is there someone we could offer a bribe to make sure we get in? Maybe a warm 6 pack or left over pizza?

Thanks in advance for the chance to burst into flames while driving a clapped out piece of garbage! Can't wait!

Dan

Daniel Sycks

Re: How do we make sure we get in?!

Warm 6 packs and leftover pizza will get you lots-o-laps. Stepping up to Cuban cigars (or non-1.5GPF toilets) smuggled in from Canadia, and >10 year bourbon or single-malt Scotch will have you going places...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Well you didnt mention what car you have but that's step one in getting there.   Miata, E30, other boring fare....better step up your them.

GAZ, Citroen, Renault, Yugo....etc....you're in.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

We are in a sadly boring but hopefully newb friendly lateish CamAirO raceplane representing Airplane! I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue racing!

We really wanted to go Italian with lots of oily rags and road flares in the car but our wives said we did not have enough life insurance so we went with this instead.

Daniel Sycks

I think in order to get accepted, you'll need Kareem on your team.

Mounted on the roof.

Standing.

BTW: http://www.starzlife.com/20110204/karee … ncer-free/

6 (edited by BoB 2011-02-04 07:00 PM)

Luckily the april gingerman race looks like it is going to be low on entries so it might just take submitting an entry.

Since you already have a car and theme we can skip that portion of the how do I get in and skip to filling  out the entry before the due date. have a full team and car listed helps, along with pics.  Take time to come up with a good essay to show that you are the type of people Lemons staff would like to hang out with for a weekend.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

"show that you are the type of people Lemons staff would like to hang out with for a weekend"

So in addition to bribes you think we should lie too? Check!

Daniel Sycks

For the really crowded races it's all about car choice. Olds Trofeo > Toyota Cressida > BMW E30. Gingerman shouldn't be as hard to get into, so just make sure you fill out your application correctly (including the essay portion).

9 (edited by dsycks 2011-02-08 11:22 AM)

Deadline was last saturday. How soon should we know if we were accepted?

If we got in for this race we REALLY need to knock our wicks up and dig the car out of the snow drift and get it into the shop and finish it up!

Daniel Sycks

normally the emails are out by now but sounds like no one has recieved them.  Its possible that the Lemons team are trying to face the reality that Snow in April is rather possible at this race.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Having been around Jay/Nick/Jeff while they attempt to sort out the applications and pick the accepted entries (this process often takes place on airplanes or in motel rooms), I'm pretty sure that it's just the usual overwhelmed-by-tasks deal. You'll hear from HQ soon.

Ok, so we filled out our application for Loudon today. Am I missing something?

You mentioned an essay. Is that the concept part?

Also, is there a "submit application" button or something? It says status is "awaiting decision" but I just wanna make sure I didn't miss anything.

Go team Chev-itte

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

If you're racing a Chevette, you're in. Well, unless you piss Jay off somehow.

14 (edited by St. Mary 2011-02-16 06:26 PM)

Music to my ears.

Beware 2011, year of the Chevette. Maybe the Mayans were just off a year....

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...