Topic: Roll Cage Pr0n

From the series about K-Pax's conversion of a stock Volvo C30 into a World Challenge race car:

http://jalopnik.com/#!5753861/how-to-tu … part-three

Some fun photos there. Enjoy.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: Roll Cage Pr0n

I wish I had the patience to TiG an entire cage.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

done it, didn't charge enough, will probably not do it again

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:
RobL wrote:

done it, didn't charge enough, will probably not do it again

I definatly didnt charge enough. that will be the last cage I TIG.
You hear that Team Pulp Friction?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I can't remember the site anymore (but I bet one of you knows it off the top of your head), it's some Finnish company that builds WRC replicas (vintage WRC replicas?) and they had about a bajillion photos on their site of how they build WRC-spec cages. Total cage pr0n. I bet that Spank knows it by memory.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

MotoIQ has a good cage pr0n of a guy who builds WRC cages in England who built a cage for his street car

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Mulry wrote:

I can't remember the site anymore.... I bet that Spank knows it by memory.

I probably did see it, but can't remember since I glazed over at so many when I was trying to understand this stuff for my first cage. But please, don't give me any credit for knowing what the hell I'm doing: I'm as lost as anyone; just stupid enough to give it a go, is all.

One of these days I'm going to be able to lay some welds that I'm truly proud of. There was one cage at Thunderhill (I think it was Going for Broken '10) that the guy tig welded the cage and then just clear coated it to show off the welds. Friggin' sweet.