Topic: Fluids

Do fluids count to the 500?

https://www.facebook.com/TeamDeathrace

This ain't a parade folks, it's a race.

Re: Fluids

Beer doesn't

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

anything that is considered consumable typically isn't.  You know things like gas, oil, water, blinker fluid.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Thanks, when our brakes catch on fire the brake fluid will burn so we can call that a consumable I guess.

Brakes count as safety gear, so you're golden on that anyway.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

consumable does not mean combustible.

but for argument's sake our whole car is combustible and a consumable

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

The whole electrical system in any Italian car is by this method fully consumable. A few others pop to mind as well.

Daniel Sycks

GA16 Sentra alternators and any Xact spark plug wires PERIOD are more consumable than, say, engine oil.

K Car Stalker

One race, our pit instructions near the end of the race were to check the gas and top off the brake fluid.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Just a thought.  Are head gaskets considered "consumable"? smile

On a  few cars I've seen, it could be argued that entire engines are consumable!

I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life there. When I stop coming here, I will be well...

lamented wrote:

Do fluids count to the 500?

Serious answer - no.

Silly answer - do you really think it matters?  I've been in a car with serious as hell, expensive as hell synthetic motor oil... and a washer blew up the car.  (A WASHER!  No roundy roundy because of a $0.40 part!)  And I've been in a car that was put together in a day and then run on cheap as hell, organic as hell motor oil... (W30.  Not 10 - W30.  Just W30) and it didn't blow up despite our best efforts.

So do whatever moves you.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Thanks,Silly or serious its all appreciated. wasn't so much a performance question as a book keeping one. Its our first Lemons race and our  budget is tight, so if we add fresh oil and brake fluid to the build cost its puts us over 500, which we would like to avoid. Just want to show up at bs with our numbers straight.

can't wait for Hoopties!

Brake fluid is part of the brakes so doesn't matter, and I seriously doubt the judges ever look at the oil to see how old it is, unless they feel like really sweating you in bs, in which case they might but still not care.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page