Topic: San Diego Lemons drivers

What guys are driving from SD to ButtonWillow for the race.

Re: San Diego Lemons drivers

Myself and the rest of my team... why?

Team Underground is leaving from Miramar and Vista area. Why?

I was thinking of putting together a Pre-Lemons race party to get things going at a bar of every body's choice!

Mega Pendejo

Like you'll all stop at some bucket-o-blood dive bar in Oildale and challenge the locals to an ouzo-drinking contest?

We're in Escondido and some of our team may be up for meeting others. Of course, I'll be working on the car every possible moment so it'll have a better chance of getting done before race day.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Like you'll all stop at some bucket-o-blood dive bar in Oildale and challenge the locals to an ouzo-drinking contest?

Yep! and then hit Chico club on ElCajon Blvd or any other place on the way and get ready for the 115 deg heat. Drinks that are Red Bull based or Gatoraid based are on me smile

Spank1 If you need help let us know! I can always help out seeing i  have nothing else to do but build cars right now.

Pen

Team Underground is heading upto Buttonwillow on Thursday night and we plan on checking out the local watering holes/talent that night upon arrival....

Very little as far as watering holes is available and ZERO talent. If you are beer guys the Willow Ranch has great steaks and beer but that's it. If you want anything else you have to go across the freeway to the gas station/liquor store and talk to the guy sporting the turban.

Pen

10 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-07-27 03:15 PM)

Once you're in Buttonwillow, you're probably going to be forced to create your own watering holes and/or talent if your entertainment needs run that way. Hey, how about a Battle Of The Lemons Team Bands?

There's talent and bars, though few bars in the general 5 mile radius.

Deja vu  is 24 miles from Butthole-- I mean Buttonwillow hotels...

I'll be leaving from Mira Mesa on Thursday afternoon.

And ecniv, you really shouldn't be replying to this thread wink

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

LTDScott wrote:

I'll be leaving from Mira Mesa on Thursday afternoon.

And ecniv, you really shouldn't be replying to this thread wink

BAH! It's still SD county!

14 (edited by Fish 2009-07-27 10:55 PM)

SGW_SAM wrote:

There's talent and bars, though few bars in the general 5 mile radius.

Deja vu  is 24 miles from Butthole-- I mean Buttonwillow hotels...

Perfect 24 miles is not bad, at Thunderhill we drove to Chico to party...

Our team is leaving Carlsbad on Thur. afternoon if anybody needs a ride.  We have 2 RV's + truck and trailer.

Would love to meet other teams for beers before hand.  Maybe a little challenge @ K1Speed?

Cheers,
Peter

So we got the Z running tonight and took it around the block for a test drive, happened to be a po po sitting around the corner and he lights it up....aparently having the license plate say ASS L OFF and BACK HOFF on the rear bumper is not legal in CA and you need a real license plate to drive the car.

Fish wrote:

aparently having the license plate say ASS L OFF and BACK HOFF on the rear bumper is not legal in CA

Are you sure? I knew they were rule-crazy in this state, but damn!

Our pile is still actually registered and insured because I don't have the room or money for a trailer, so I just flat tow it locally.

If I had a nickel for every stare I got while towing a giant porcupine with my g/f's hybrid Toyota, I'd have a lot of nickels.

We will be leaving Thursday noon/afternoon also. So if a K1 get together and challenge is in line speak up! To make it interesting Pendejo Engineering and Magnus Racing will put a a 12 pack and a cuban cigar (rolled on the thighs of virgins) to the winner. And yes the Cuban is real not a TJ special rolled on the table at Adalitas.

Mega Pendejo

Our team (Skip's barber's racing stools) accepts your challenge for a race @ K1 speed in Carlsbad.  What day is good for your team?  We can enjoy the 12 pack in the parking lot after the race in the luxurious 1984 Allegro RV (matches our car).

Cheers,
Pedro Johannsen (Sweden's fastest Hispanic)
1978 Toyota Corolla - whopping 68hp

I may be able to make it up there depending on the day.

Meeting up while heading out of town Thursday makes the most sense Tuesday or Wednesday may be better for others depending on if we/they/them have there chariots soon to be on fire finished. Everybody post the day that may work for them.

Pendeajmaho

We can meet this weekend or any day next week.  We are leaving early on Thur the 13th, and I think we might be busy finishing our todo list one that Tue. and Wed. as well.  But anyday next week if great.

Cheers,
Peter

Team Underground is in on the Challenge!! Sometime during the week after 6:30PM would be best for us. Let us know when!

Here it is...  Thursday Aug 6th.  7:30 pm  K1 Speed in Carlsbad.  A pre Lemons throwdown.

Cheers,
Pedro
Skip's barber's racing stools