Re: Lamest Day - Who's in ?

ALSO with Eau Rude....   and the only reason ^^^^^  wants to bring "IT" home is that "IT's" title is in "HIS" name... LMAO...

Direct link the car page on our Lemons site....  http://www.stanfordmotorsports.com/car.html

and hey...  check out that vanity plate!! oh yeah... you know you want it....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7002/spoil3.jpg

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

Booby Prize Racing
We are going to be running to raise money for Breast cancer research the car will be pink with some airbrush work to tie in with that (a giant ribbon symbol and maybe a bra on the front of the car) Our first fundraising attempt so were hoping it works out. Website for donations will be setup next week with a goal of raising 100 dollars for each hour of the race (not necessarily each hour our crappy car survives)

1998 nissan sentra

all Lemons virgins half of the team has had a scca license at some point the other half is autocross drivers.

Ok since everyone else has some kind of worthy cause.

I am getting married at Lamest Day.  Prize winnings if we get people's choice or win the race go to ONE HELL OF A BACHELOR PARTY!

We're in!  Yippee (I think)

Team Name  / Theme -
Focke Ewe Two: the Resurrection.  Focke ewe was some sort of play on FockeWulf or FW 190.  Since we wrinkled the car pretty badly in a wall incident at Toledo last year, it is now part 2: the Resurrection.  Expect some sheep love.  No real sheep were harmed in writing this post.

Make and year of car-
86-88 Golf GTI.  Combine a completely rotted out, trashed interior 86 GTI with a less rotten 88 Golf and you've got our car.

Team Lemons experience -
Experienced, but badly.  We were at Toledo last year, so all have some Lemons experience.  But the car was way down on power and we had multiple mechanical bugs to work out, then finally crunched the front corner  of the car about midnight and packed it in. We learned a lot about how not to go racing.

Driver race experience - virgins or veterans
No current competition licensees, but all have some track or autoX or circle track or ProRally experience.  All have Lemons experience from toledo or Flat rock.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

sinical racing  car theme tribute to quagmire of the family guy                               car 92 bmw 325 rescued from an  american red cross donation salvage yard   this is our second race  we did the cmp race earlier this year  and we all have gotten lots of speeding tickets over the years we are just hoping to keep her alivefor 24 hs

harddriveracing.com wrote:

Ok since everyone else has some kind of worthy cause.

I am getting married at Lamest Day.  Prize winnings if we get people's choice or win the race go to ONE HELL OF A BACHELOR PARTY!

Nice...I know of one person going that will be celebrating their 10th anniversary* over the race weekend.

*obviously that is contingent on him still being alive/married once he tells his wife he is going.

Justin
Team Cardorks: #901 Amtrack E36 / # 902 Philly E30 / #903 Integra TypeArrr!
Driving something, somewhere.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 6742#p6742

Oh, she knows...  I get to hear it every time she wants something.  "Can you go get milk from the store since you aren't even going to be around for our tenth wedding anniversary."

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 6742#p6742

Oh, she knows...  I get to hear it every time she wants something.  "Can you go get milk from the store since you aren't even going to be around for our tenth wedding anniversary."

may be a while till you live it down.  hopefully she is understanding of your racing addiction

I got lucky.  My 14th anniversary is 10 days after the race.  Of course I will be flat broke and will not be able to afford anything decent to give her.   She is completely behind me doing Lemons, but that won't get me out of buying a nice gift...

She has been asking if she can drive, but that would mean I eat a double share of the budget!  Yikes.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

35 (edited by RobL 2009-07-28 12:17 PM)

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs009.snc1/2873_179394710121_896410121_6542968_3352557_n.jpg

She understands.  I'm the one wearing the "I aim to misbehave" tshirt.  [CMP '09]

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

LOLz, the very idea of convincing my husband to drive on the track! He'd buy me an Elise before he goton the track!

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

37 (edited by Jer 2009-07-28 12:34 PM)

I keep telling my girlfriend if we ever get married, it has to be in a January or February so it won't cross paths with an important race in future years.  But instead of appreciating my foresight and fantastic planning skillz, she just gets pissed off.  I don't understand...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

And how romantic is it that we get to go back each year and celebrate getting married there with another Lemons race?

Someone was thinking REAL hard.  wink

Team Name: Kick Uranus Racing

Car: 1997 Saturn SL2 aka "The Saturd"

Theme: Planetary, gonna have stars, planets, rings, etc. painted on car. Think of it as a white trash version of BMW's Art Cars.

Lemons experience: All Rookies

Racing experience: One driver has only 2 autocross starts, all others have autocross, track day, rallycross, drifting, and dirt oval experience. We are a jack of all trades and a master at nothing!

RobL wrote:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 2557_n.jpg

She understands.  I'm the one wearing the "I aim to misbehave" tshirt.  [CMP '09]

Hey, I know you smile I was in the Celica for some good racing last time at CMP.. We are going to join you in another MR2 this time (non-SC) if "the team" still lets me drive.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

hey guys, I'm Back!

#42 Peg Leg Rum Runners from Outer Space

98 "high seas" P71 retired police interceptor. we got it when a guy my dad works with had a tree fall on it. picked it up at autosalvage for $413, and had the ambitious notion to try and conceptualize a team of pirates...from outer space. hasn't worked so well since the car owner doesn't want to put a boatload of effort after all the car prep, and being a team of rag-tag internet car fans makes it nigh impossible to meet and work on the car.

Team members has changed VERY frequently, but the car has done 3 events so far, I personally have driven in 4. previous experience was go-karts. we have 2 other go-kart guys, one veteran with no prior race experience, an ex-cop(so him and crown vics go together like rum and coke) we have a guy that used to do sand drags, and another one who used to autocross all rotating in and out depending on the event.

ALSO, we're fielding a second car this year! #24 "Steamboat Willies"

it's a buick...
yes, that's right, another boat. you can only guess what the concept is, shouldn't be hard. Another rag-tag assembly of guys from across the states, half have never driven a lemon.  BTW, we're all hanging out over at Finalgear.com, so come say hi! drop a line in our forums, or pop into IRC with us!

you can follow our progress here:
http://forums.finalgear.com/general-aut … 09-a-36724

Near Orbital Space Monkeys are 'go' for liftoff.
We're the guys with the orange rockets on the trunk from Stafford.

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

That was a great-looking car.

Team Police Brutality is putting some Mad Max touches to the big pig (Lincoln Mark VIII). We'll be there.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Scott,  That is awesome... Looking forward to meeting you guys at Nelson Ledges. smile  Cheers

Joe

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

rant

Attempting to politicize your son's brain chemistry is pretty cheeky, if you ask me. I recommend you read the med journal "article" that made the vaccine link claim for yourself - not only do the data not support such a claim, but all of the authors save the lead have either refuted the work and/or asked to be dissociated from it.

There is certainly a need to provide support for ASD people. Too bad there is so much focus on placing blame, instead of growing the environment. I am fortunate to have a high concentration of ASD ppl in my family, including myself, and our line (like those of many families we know) predates modern medicine. The very thought that something "caused" us to be the way we are is quite repulsive to us. We can only assume that the rest of you are jealous. smile

/rant

Captainess: #88 Scirocket Racing - Did someone say Pikachu?

Team Name/Theme: #0 Keystone Kops racing for Alex's Lemonade Stand 
Link:  http://www.alexslemonade.org/stands/4937

Make/ Year of car: Volvo 1984 244 DL Sedan
Team Lemon Experience: Both New England Races; Finished 4th in '08, 7th in '09
Driver Race Experience: Mixed bag of nuts Just like the drivers some have different track experience, some have only spent time with themselves smile Sorry Benji !!
           Great to hear a lot of other teams are trying to raise money for other causes Anything we can all do to help kids is a Great thing. Thanks to All, Steve O.

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

Tell ya what charity cars, we'll donate a dollar for each time we lap ya wink

So if they check out on lap 1, you could owe $1,000?  big_smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Thus the wink...I deleted the other response which was a rant about charity cars and not feeling bad for them when they were a smoldering pile of rubble.   Racing is like eating cake, except when someone puts stuff in your cake that's good for you or you have to eat cake for a reason other fun it doesn't taste right.

Is that like ice cream cake? Everybody knows ice cream is good for you, but make a cake out of it ahhhhh.... Heaven