51 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-08-11 06:23 AM)

Re: Lamest Day - Who's in ?

haha..mmm ice cream cake..

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

I like the charity aspect, so long as it isn't pushy and so long as a donation isn't expected. Alex's Lemonade Stand was cool at Stafford. Passing the donation can around the movie theater before the show is uncool. Racing is a pretty self-centered (or team-centered) activity, so raising a bit of cash for a worthy charity seems like a good counterpoint.

Suggestion: I'd like to see all the cash bribes donated to charity. But then it's always easy to donate someone else's money. wink Maybe the beer and booze could be donated to, um, um, um. Never mind. (Too many tasteless jokes. Must resist.)

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

You know what would be really cool?  Do a Makeawish car and let some 16 year olds who want to be race car drivers whoop it up.  I don't know one person who wouldn't make heroic repairs to keep that car running.

You are correct EvergreenDan no one should be pushy about it. We are there to race but if someone likes to donate we will take it also. Help's kids is a good thing. We do not demand or even push it It's there if you like No big deal if you do not like. We did have some of the teams come by the 2nd day as part of the judges telling them to. That was neat and We Thanked Jay for it.  Also I remember Jay came by and threw a hundred bill in the bucket which was Great also. 
    As far as lapping us that's fine too. We try and race clean and with a whopping 84 horse power we are not going any place any time soon. Just out to make laps and run the best we can.  Steve O

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

Did anyone find out how many cars are going to be in the race yet?

Nick said a few days ago that they will announce it in a week or two.  He did say "over a hundred".

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Yeah just saw it in another thread...Over 100 cars and a maybe a chicane around turn 11.  That's a whole lotta cars.  My buddy the 240Z guy is in Lake Orion Michigan BTW.  How is your other car doing?

The Lemons car is coming along slowly, but we have to find a cheaper cage builder.  $1300 is killing our budget.  Have you found anybody to build yours yet?

'74 260Z

59 (edited by FJ40Jim 2009-08-13 10:51 AM)

We got a cage kit from S&W for the GTI.  Easy to finish if you have a decent MIG and a joint jigger.  You can buy the cage, MIG and a jigger for less than one cage install.
Here's the Z-car cage: http://www.swracecars.com/store/10-Poin … -5595.aspx

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Man that's a ton more then we are getting quotes for.  I keep hearing around $700 and have been trying to push it down even further.  Keep in mind its a Camaro so likely they already have measurements.

Where are you guys at?  Planning on going to Woodward?  The car is in Metamora, Mi and we are going to try and put every thing back together to get drive it down there this weekend.  I'll get all my quotes together maybe we can meet down there and save some collective money?

It would be hilarious to see a parade of Lemons car trekin down Woodward.

BTW I am leaning towards stenodperformance.com

61 (edited by Jeff G 78 2009-08-13 12:46 PM)

The car is in Livonia.  I will not be going to Woodward.  Too much to do on the car.  Hopefully, we will get it running for the first time in 15 years.  The fuel tank is a disaster, but we will start it using a temporary can until we clean and seal the tank.  Here are tank pics.

Inside of tank
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/IMG_4278.jpg

Pile of crud after water only wash
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/IMG_4298.jpg

What steel did you have quoted?  Our ~$1300 cage quote was for 1.75" x .095" DOM with a roof diagonal and dash bar and RH door "X" as well as double LH door bars.  He said he does not use ERW at all anymore.  He also said that the roof diagonal is needed on sports cars due to the low halo.  The roof diagonal is high enough to protect taller drivers (we have a 6'-3" driver).

We have no welder or team members who have welded, so making our own cage from a kit isn't a great idea.  We need to find a fab shop.

'74 260Z

Holy Jeebus!  Well look at this way the more rust that falls out or off is a form of weight reduction...  We also will have a very light car, I blame Michigan.  I was working on taking the rear seats out and nearly went through, thank god for huge ass spreader plates lol.

63 (edited by davisriley 2009-08-22 05:05 AM)

Team name :  We'll bring beer!
Theme-  Well, I would hope it's pretty obvious.
Car-1994 Celica, 185000 miles.

We have one dirt track racer, 1 hpde driver, and 4 total rookies.  No Lemons experience, so should be pretty interesting.  But we have a welder, and a bitchin set of tools, so hopefully, we can drag the carcas over the line!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

SMSRACING wrote:

ALSO with Eau Rude....   and the only reason ^^^^^  wants to bring "IT" home is that "IT's" title is in "HIS" name... LMAO...

Direct link the car page on our Lemons site....  http://www.stanfordmotorsports.com/car.html

and hey...  check out that vanity plate!! oh yeah... you know you want it....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7002/spoil3.jpg

Hey, I was looking at your car at the last Auto-x at turfway.... you might want to take a pass through the rules again on the cage if you are running the next event - I think you need to add some stuff to your cage....

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

I guess this is a question for Nick or Jay, but I remember reading last year the Pratt and Miller guys and a Ford werks factory team was at Detroit(ish) last year.  Do you know if they are there going to race again this year?  We'd like to compare how well (or bad) we do against the big boys!

We are the people your parents warned you about.

You'd think that the Pratt/Miller guys would have their hands full with the Corvette GT2 rollout this time around...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Spinnetti wrote:
SMSRACING wrote:

ALSO with Eau Rude....   and the only reason ^^^^^  wants to bring "IT" home is that "IT's" title is in "HIS" name... LMAO...

Direct link the car page on our Lemons site....  http://www.stanfordmotorsports.com/car.html

and hey...  check out that vanity plate!! oh yeah... you know you want it....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7002/spoil3.jpg

Hey, I was looking at your car at the last Auto-x at turfway.... you might want to take a pass through the rules again on the cage if you are running the next event - I think you need to add some stuff to your cage....

There wasn't a cage in it smile  It's being built as I type this.

Spud wrote:

Team Name  / Theme -   Team Junk Player Special - an homage to Mario Andrettis groundbreaking F1 Championship winning Lotus 79.

Make and year of car - 1997 Jetta GL with 205,000 miles !

Team Lemons experience - Veterans ! - We finished 2nd at Toledo last year.

Driver race experience - We have 5 very experienced club racing vetrans and 1 -100% virgin driver.

Doh, we had you guys covered and were holding on to 2nd place with a kung fu grip until our oil-soaked engine mounts sheared apart (taking the trans mounts with them) and spent way too long refilling/bleeding the cooling system (engine movement cut a radiator hose) after making new mounts with washers, threaded rod and 8 hose clamps   cool

Good to see you guys back with the formidable Jetta!

OUR TEAM

TEAM NAME/THEME:  C.A.R.T.  Chicagoland Amish Racing Team.  Lots of wood construction, humility and the 125%-more-effort-than-anyone-else attitude will take us to victory

Make and year of car:  1986 BMW 325E- 248,000 miles.  THAT'S RIGHT, ANOTHER F-ING E30.  DO NOT TEST

Team Lemons experience - Polished vets - We finished last at 2007 Flat Rock midwest and 6th at 2008 Toledo.   Podium finish is ours for the taking 2009!!!!

Driver race expereience- We have 5 very experienced HPDE racer wannabe veterans.  Two guys are enduro maniacs- 3 hour stints are their norm

Kevin

rsafier wrote:

2 Slow Racing: Ze Flying Brick

1986 BMW 325es.

5 out of 6 of us ran Toledo with the same car last year. Tho prior to that we were all just autocross junkies and a handfull of HPDE days.

We owe you something good from our spares if you break something this year.  You gave us a rear shock when ours broke (you can have it back if you want it.......  tongue ) and that made our ride much smoother for a lot of the race!

Kevin

4 rookie drivers and one half a mechanic in a '92 Integra ($500 + a head gasket).

drive it like it's sponsored

Did we ever get a final number of cars for the Lamest Day?  Usually HQ posts an entry list with team names and car models.

'74 260Z

That would be cool to see..  This race is coming up fast...just a little over a month away!

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

I just got back from a visit to the racetrack, should be really fun.  We went down there for marriage license and got a ride around the track.  This is going to be a blast.  I added a countdown on our website...you would think that would inspire team members to come work on the car while I was gone....rrrrrrright.

Anyway 1 month, 7 days and  10 hours to go

Team Booby Prize Racing will be at Nelson Ledges this Saturday for an open track day. Is anyone else going to be there?

They have marriage licenses at the track?  That's my idea of full service.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!