Topic: 40 year old Lemons car subject of recall-- what should I do?

So it appears that I've stumbled across a recall notice regarding the exact year of my car. The company obviously no longer makes it.

Should I still try and take it to a local dealer and see if I can get the recall work done? Again, it's like a 40-year old recall notice...

Re: 40 year old Lemons car subject of recall-- what should I do?

Are you sure they hadn't taken care of the recall sometime in the last 40 years.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Possible. But it would have been in the first 15 years, because that's how long the car was registered-- the first 15 years only. I'm the second owner, if you don't count the tow/impound yard.

Shouldn't there be a record or something kept based on the year? Would hate (ahem) to have a failure on the track because (ahem) of some negligence on the manufacturer's part. (insert nonchalant whistling here).

Call the dealership. See what their opinion on the matter is. If they say no, call the manufacturer - even if the dealerships can no longer perform the recall, the manufacturer probably still has parts kits for it on hand somewhere and is probably obligated to fork them over for free. They can probably also tell you if the car was already fixed.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

you own a car that still has dealerships around? man, you've upgraded!

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

you have a car that still has a dealership around? Man, you've upgraded.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

what is the recall for?

Nemesis Ridiculii 240SX

JMo wrote:

what is the recall for?

I can't recall, at the moment.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

you have a car that still has a dealership around? Man, you've upgraded.

mmmm not exactly.

It would be akin to taking a 1986 Lotus to a GM dealer.

It's not a huge deal. Just thought it might be funny to try.

Just make sure you videotape your trip to the dealership and show it at tech inspection.

All according to what its for.  If it is for something like the radio definitely.  Might want to see if you can tell if it was done, in case they actually agree to do it.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page