1 (edited by bongle 2009-07-28 12:10 PM)

Topic: Lamest Day Sunday night camping?

Are we going to be allowed to camp on Sunday night?  We're expecting that we're all going to be too exhausted to drive the 5-9 hours back home after the race ends. 

I see the gates close at 5pm, but does that mean that we won't be allowed camping as well?  Are the camp-able areas within the gates, or outside?

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Re: Lamest Day Sunday night camping?

From past experience they kick you out....shoot the race ends at noon! 
Just like the song goes, "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here!"

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Ask the track, I would guess that you could stay just outside the gate, but still on the property and sleep off whatever youz got yourzelves into!

if our van doesn't make it, you can sleep in it??!!

5 (edited by MagnumPI 2009-07-29 08:13 AM)

Bongle- does this mean I should take monday off work?   I know one thing - we are hitting the duty free on the way over.  Haha

Team Magnum PI ness  #357  -

106th place at Nelson Ledges - The Lamest Days
-oil pressure failure leading to engine failure

MagnumPI wrote:

Bongle- does this mean I should take monday off work?   I know one thing - we are hitting the duty free on the way over.  Haha

just take a mental health day! haha

Since the race is over at noon, and it's only a six hour drive for us, I expect we'd be back easily Sunday night.  Just a six pack of Red Bulls and loud music and it should work!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

We would rather you stay at the track overnight Sunday if you partied hard and can't drive home than read about you the next day in the local paper. By all means, stay if you need to. We are the friendly track!!! We only ask that you don't get the wild hair to go out and run the track at two am!!!

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Sunday night camper races!!!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584