Re: Bad Cage,

icemang17 wrote:

Yes I am a customer or EGR and have been for years....but my cars ALWAYS pass tech, no matter where I am running...

I would love to have EGR do the cage for my Snipe, but John is too busy to even reply to my e-mails asking for a quote.   After seeing the photos of his place, I think I can understand why.   :-)

Fortunately, a Lemons veteran has offered to help me build my own, so I'll be spending hours instead of dollars.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

John - 2 just purely general interest questions ....

In you first post you said the cage was too low.  If it still meets the 2" rule does it matter how far from the bodywork the cage is? 4th pic shows a bar right behind the seat ... that would be ok as a brace to prevent rearward failure of the seat back?

28 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2011-03-14 11:15 AM)

Doug I wrote:

John - 2 just purely general interest questions ....

In you first post you said the cage was too low.  If it still meets the 2" rule does it matter how far from the bodywork the cage is? 4th pic shows a bar right behind the seat ... that would be ok as a brace to prevent rearward failure of the seat back?

I'm a different John but I'll answer.
1st question: yes, you want minimal distance between cage and car. This makes the car even stronger.
2nd question: yes, but the harness would be at an angle greater than 15*

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

CowDriver wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Yes I am a customer or EGR and have been for years....but my cars ALWAYS pass tech, no matter where I am running...

I would love to have EGR do the cage for my Snipe, but John is too busy to even reply to my e-mails asking for a quote.   After seeing the photos of his place, I think I can understand why.   :-)

Fortunately, a Lemons veteran has offered to help me build my own, so I'll be spending hours instead of dollars.

John is VERY busy.....I was lucky years ago when he was a little "less" busy....just about the time he got really into Lemons......which is part of the reason I built the 928 Estate....since John already built my "real" race 928....and its always easier the 2nd time right???

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Evil Genius wrote:

Repaired plates.  We cleaned them up, re-welded and added to them.  Notice the tie-in to the rocker panel, adds strength.   Also, we cut out the sunroof so the main hoop can be 2" higher.

-John

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279 … 0_4779.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279 … 0_4778.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279 … 0_4780.jpg

Strange, I think that I see complete welds here now.