Topic: Last minute cage check-

All this talk about the 2" cage rule is scaring me a bit...better to be sure than not racing.  FWIW, this will be our 4th race with this cage and I'm thinking the ruling could go either way.  So...what do you guys think?  This picture was taken just after completion, we've actually lowered the seat slightly since.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/Lemons/038-1.jpg

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Re: Last minute cage check-

As long as all of your drivers are in the lollypop guild, you are good to go.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

The horizontal harness bar looks too high, if the seat is 2" lower now it will be worse.

I think they will want to see padding anywhere your helmet could hit in a crash if you havent already.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

doesn't the harness bar have to extend the entire width of the main hoop?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

porkchops22 wrote:

doesn't the harness bar have to extend the entire width of the main hoop?

no

Shake and Bake
America, birthplace of the missionary position. You're welcome...

TeamPettyCash wrote:

All this talk about the 2" cage rule is scaring me a bit...better to be sure than not racing.  FWIW, this will be our 4th race with this cage and I'm thinking the ruling could go either way.  So...what do you guys think?  This picture was taken just after completion, we've actually lowered the seat slightly since.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ … /038-1.jpg

-Matt

ask John @ evilgeniusracing dot com
send him this pic, plus one with a driver w/helmet installed

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Do this:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad286/trekkor/car%20photo%20dump/P1110403.jpg

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Is there any official word on if that's a kosher solution?  That would be a lot easier than re-doing the halo.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

The fact that it's the only unpainted bar in the cage makes me think it was a last minute add-on, aka, oh shit go throw this in there so we can go back and pass tech.

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

I added the bar last week.
It's painted and padded now.
Our race is next weekend.

This is common solution for small cars.
The top of the cage in now considerably higher than our helmets.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

11 (edited by Evil Genius 2011-03-20 08:32 PM)

The down bar looks to be attached too low on the main hoop, it looks very iffy to me.  also the harness bar does appear to be a bit to high.   Lower the seat or raise the bar or, indeed, contact the lollypop guild..   Umpa lumpa, dumpity do.....

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Thanks John.  Would adding a center bar as trekkor did help us without having to redo the side bars?  Again, keep in mind this will be our third season with this cage.

Thanks,

-Matt

TeamPettyCash wrote:

Thanks John.  Would adding a center bar as trekkor did help us without having to redo the side bars?  Again, keep in mind this will be our third season with this cage.

Thanks,

-Matt

Yes, it may help...   Yes, you've passed tech before, the rules are stricter now.

A pic of your tallest driver in the car----er--truck, would help me see what you need

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:
TeamPettyCash wrote:

Thanks,

-Matt

Yes, it may help...   Yes, you've passed tech before, the rules are stricter now.

A pic of your tallest driver in the car----er--truck, would help me see what you need

-John

Unfortunately, our tallest driver is in SoCal and the car--er, truck is in Seattle.  I guess I'm just going to address the harness bar and add the center bar and pray. 

-Matt

Matt - it looks like Hank and Derron will be on hand (again) at Sears with gear to fab-up if you 'gotta have' on last minute harness bar or...